New iPod....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How immature :icon_roll. Can you not agree your wrong ? You hypocritical ****.

:icon_bigg

Well said.

imgres
0000035799_20061116111137.jpg

Yes but it is classed illegal as they were trying to change it but it was not accepted. dumbass. He was blaming me for doing illegal activity so i pointed out that he is doing it also.

Also every single time i make a post out of the Leicester City forum you always try and start an argument with me, whats your problem grow up and stop harrasing me.

How is it classed as illegal? Either something is illegal or isn't, the software isn't even approaching illegal. It doesn't allow you to remove or circumnavigate the DRM (as far as I can tell) and you can only access songs that you have put on there.

I had acquired a new Ipod about 6 months or so ago. It's the most ridiculous gadget/toy/music player I've ever seen:

* You charge the bloody thing for hours and it crashes
Sounds like a fecked iPod, you could also get a fecked normal mp3 player.
* You link it to your PC and there is no folder in the My Computer bit
It does if you put it into disk mode. My mate regularly uses it as storage. YOu can't transfer songs this way though.
* You can't transfer the files you have on your computer
Bollocks, set the ipod to manual mode
* I tunes is crap and it automatically deletes songs off your I-Pod unless its on I-Tunes.
YOu have it set to sync, your fault.
* You listen to the fecker and you don't know how to switch it on/off
Idiot :icon_wink

It was the worst experience I've ever had with a music player. Its well over-rated and over-priced, whats wrong with a 1GB MP3 player; wack a small battery in, get it plugged in via USB to your computer/laptop transfer the files and bang your away.

Ipod- Rating 0.5 / 10 (the 0.5 was the nice white earphones I had with them)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beighton, you can't educate or argue with thick and stupid people, you have to call them names instead.

I love this thread

My portable cassette player is still working well, if that's any help.........

The thing is we are only having this argument because it is an iPod. There is never arguments over the Sony AW range which had shocking sync software and almost unuseably slow player software. Or the creative Zen that was slow, big and cumbersome. The Sony connect software used to employ similar DRM tactics to iTunes but was never slated because it wasn't as popular.

I love my iPod but certainly don't think it is the best thing in the world, it is just an MP3 player at the end of the day, but it does have a lot of useful functionality that you don't get with generic players, such as calendar syncing with Outlook, contacts, playlists, movies, TV shows (all organised by series etc) and audio books.

The thing is we are only having this argument because it is an iPod.

I'm inclined to agree. But I'm also inclined to believe that such matters are introduced only to challenge that seeming majority who insist that the iPod is the only player worth having.

The thing is we are only having this argument because it is an iPod. There is never arguments over the Sony AW range which had shocking sync software and almost unuseably slow player software. Or the creative Zen that was slow, big and cumbersome. The Sony connect software used to employ similar DRM tactics to iTunes but was never slated because it wasn't as popular.

The thing is though, nobody has been on here extolling the virtues of any of these other offensive devices.
If they had, I would happily point out that they are also a bag of wank and, in fairness, my argument from the start has been that any mp3 player is just a portable hard drive with a headphone socket and the ability to play music files built into its firmware.

My objection has always been against any manufacturer that makes their device restrictive and only usable with proprietary and unnecessary software.

The thing is though, nobody has been on here extolling the virtues of any of these other offensive devices.
If they had, I would happily point out that they are also a bag of wank and, in fairness, my argument from the start has been that any mp3 player is just a portable hard drive with a headphone socket and the ability to play music files built into its firmware.

My objection has always been against any manufacturer that makes their device restrictive and only usable with proprietary and unnecessary software.

To be fair though, and this applies to all the bigger named players, if you are ofey(sp) enough to be annoyed by their software restrictions you are generally aware enough to get a third party piece of software to do the job, like the one I mentioned ealier. But I agree completely it is just an mp3 player, personally I find it the better out of the ones I have used and gives me a lot of features I like, but as you say, I am not naive enough to think it is perfect or anything amazing.

To be fair though, and this applies to all the bigger named players, if you are ofey(sp) enough to be annoyed by their software restrictions you are generally aware enough to get a third party piece of software to do the job, like the one I mentioned ealier.

Yes, but I object to having to install any software just to be able to access a portable hard drive to transfer files. My OS is already perfectly able to do this.

My requirement for an mp3 player is the ability to connect it to any PC of my choosing and to be able to transfer and organise my files as I see fit without needing to install any utility.

My recommendation, if anybody is interested, is any of the Wharfedale players.
Handy prices, piece of piss to use, no extra software required and, being Wharfedale, the sound quality is superb.

How is it classed as illegal? Either something is illegal or isn't, the software isn't even approaching illegal. It doesn't allow you to remove or circumnavigate the DRM (as far as I can tell) and you can only access songs that you have put on there.

OMG of course it is illegal are you stupid:bang::bang::bang::bang:? Why dont ipods allow you to drag music off them without using a program? Well.. you can do it but apple didnt discover that method when they built the ipods and it is not using itunes or wmp. Also if you take your ipod around a mates house and take the music off it and put it on his pc that is classed as copyright as he does not have the original cds. :icon_roll It is even illegal to copy a cd to your ipod as you are not listening to the original when its on your ipod which infringes copyright as it is a "format shift".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1532681/Why-you-are-breaking-the-law-every-time-you-copy-a-CD-to-your-iPod.html

Last edited:
OMG of course it is illegal are you stupid? Why dont ipods allow you to drag music off them without using a program? Well.. you can do it but apple didnt discover that method when they built the ipods and it is not using itunes or wmp. Also if you take your ipod around a mates house and take the music off it and put it on his pc that is classed as copyright as he does not have the original cds. :icon_roll

Of course it's not illegal are you a ****? If I do an unindexed search on the ipod drive I can get all of my music back, all iTunes and Floola are is software that makes this easier. iTunes is the software shipped with iPods, nowhere does it say you need to use it exclusively.

If I took my iPod round a mates and dragged the music off it would indeed be illegal, however neither I nor BG mentioned doing that. If I took a CD round and copied it that would be illegal too. If I stabbed you in the eye with a fork that would be illegal, but you wouldn't say owning a fork is illegal, only the use of it.

OMG of course it is illegal are you stupid:bang::bang::bang::bang:? Why dont ipods allow you to drag music off them without using a program? Well.. you can do it but apple didnt discover that method when they built the ipods and it is not using itunes or wmp. Also if you take your ipod around a mates house and take the music off it and put it on his pc that is classed as copyright as he does not have the original cds. :icon_roll It is even illegal to copy a cd to your ipod as you are not listening to the original when its on your ipod which infringes copyright as it is a "format shift".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1532681/Why-you-are-breaking-the-law-every-time-you-copy-a-CD-to-your-iPod.html

And as for your link, if you honestly can't see the difference between an archaic, 300 year old law catching out unsuspecting people and deliberately and knowingly breaking current laws then you are even more of a **** than I first thought.

If I took my iPod round a mates and dragged the music off it would indeed be illegal, however neither I nor BG mentioned doing that. If I took a CD round and copied it that would be illegal too. If I stabbed you in the eye with a fork that would be illegal, but you wouldn't say owning a fork is illegal, only the use of it.

What if it was made out of the bones of someone that you had killed ?

What if it was made out of the bones of someone that you had killed ?

That's quite a common grey area in Fork law. Apparantly you are OK if the person you killed was deemed a cvnt in the eyes of a jury.

Of course it's not illegal are you a ****? If I do an unindexed search on the ipod drive I can get all of my music back, all iTunes and Floola are is software that makes this easier. iTunes is the software shipped with iPods, nowhere does it say you need to use it exclusively.

Geek:icon_lol::icon_lol:

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Doesnt get into your thick head, waste of time.

dumb-Neanderthal.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673