New threads for rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth11

I know this has been argued about before but as someone who just pops in here to read any gossip or news, I'd like to put my vote down for individual threads for rumours or random gossip.
I mosey on over here at some point almost every day, but I don't usually have a couple of hours spare to go through that damn Rumours thread! Some times you can go days on here without seeing a new thread started, which just makes you think there's nothing worth reading (which might be true, but that's not the point!).
To make life easier for those of us who have just 10 mins to spare every now and then, please can we have new threads for new info, whether concrete or not. Logging on each day to see the same threads each time doesn't inspire me to stay long and read - and that's what I really want to do! New threads interest me, long threads from a couple of days ago are old news to me and I can't be bothered to go back through them to find out what the new news is to make people post in it again today.
Does that make any sense?
Just my humble opinion. I think it would make the forum a better place.
Thanks
Ruth
:)

I know this has been argued about before but as someone who just pops in here to read any gossip or news, I'd like to put my vote down for individual threads for rumours or random gossip.
I mosey on over here at some point almost every day, but I don't usually have a couple of hours spare to go through that damn Rumours thread! Some times you can go days on here without seeing a new thread started, which just makes you think there's nothing worth reading (which might be true, but that's not the point!).
To make life easier for those of us who have just 10 mins to spare every now and then, please can we have new threads for new info, whether concrete or not. Logging on each day to see the same threads each time doesn't inspire me to stay long and read - and that's what I really want to do! New threads interest me, long threads from a couple of days ago are old news to me and I can't be bothered to go back through them to find out what the new news is to make people post in it again today.
Thanks
Ruth

i would go along with that the rumours thread has grown out of all proportion

Why does anybody give a **** about random people with the IQ of a ****ing house brick posting random bollocks about random footballers in random leagues anyway. More important things in life to worry about for me I'm afraid.

the fact that this is attracting such an amount of lip-service, or finger-service as the case may be, is testimony to the flaws of this board. I mean really, is it that much of an issue? Has the site exploded into a ball of fiery intra-rer-web mega-mouthfuls? Naaah, just leave it as it is, if the Rumours Thread continues to be read and used it'll still be lingering about, if not it'll die off like all other threads. Theres no need for useless debate on a meaningless subject when we could be considering our next million pound signing (danny lambert?? ;) )

Thanks
Ruth

I am happy to do this but this I wouldn't want multiple threads about the same rumour. ;)

gobble-de-goop

new forum for each rumour is my shout!

Thanks
Ruth

Agree with all of that, I haven't looked at the rumours thread for weeks.
I think the only problems are multiple threads for the same rumour or player and cryptic thread titles.

I am happy to do this but this I wouldn't want multiple threads about the same rumour. ;)

You're one of only 5 people who can do anything about it. You can merge such threads, as I do whenever I become aware of their existence.

i agree with multiple threads because i can't be arsed to trapse through that stupid thread!:098::icon_lol:

But if you do make new threads then it would help if you put "McKleod" or something in the subject so we don't, as Steven says, get multiple rumour threads about the same thing!:icon_wink

Correct spelling is always a good start for thread titles! ;)

Just for the record - and to make my point perfectly clear - I don't give two shits either way.

I thank you :)

I am itching to start a thread and there are no rumours. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_razz ;)

I am itching to start a thread and there are no rumours. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_razz ;)

Martin Allen's son tripped while celebrating his birthday and is currently in a stable condition at the Barcelona hosptial with his Father. Any announcements relating to LCFC have been put on hold until Martin can return to the country. :icon_sad:

There you go Steven, you can have that one for free ;) :icon_wink

Martin Allen's son tripped while celebrating his birthday and is currently in a stable condition at the Barcelona hosptial with his Father. Any announcements relating to LCFC have been put on hold until Martin can return to the country. :icon_sad:

Rumour has it that it was Milan Mandaric's mother that tripped him up.

I might start an independant thread about Spanky being one of them gays. Or is it no longer a rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669