New TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

I have around £400 to spend on a new TV - preferably 42".

I realise for this I won't get a top end one but would appreciate some advice on what's best to go for.

Cheers

Don't know the price level in the UK, but if you could get a LED-tv with edge LED for that price I would go for that. The black level is much better on egde-led than on normal LCD.

Samsung have some really thin TVs with nice design but I prefer the picture on Sony's TVs. That is because I feel they give you a more "natural" colour. And the darker parts of a picture are more detailed on Sony than on Samsung. Philips and Panasonic have some good tvs also but again, I prefer Sony

Last edited:
You'll find your choice pretty limited at that size and price range. Best advice I could give would be to avoid the ever increasing range of supermarket brands. You should be able to pick up an LG 42DL450 for under £400 if you shop around online. Its pretty much the best budget 42" LCD around.

I realise for this I won't get a top end one but would appreciate some advice on what's best to go for.

Cheers

Go to Richer Sounds on London Road mate. And don't buy a Samsung

Just realised I can stretch my budget to nearer £600. Any more tips for this price range?

Richer sounds are a good bet also try KK electronics if you fancy a Sony or Panasonic ok

Panasonic plasma every time.

I have a 42inch swisstec in the shed you can have for £150 .

Last edited:

Cheers

It might sound a stupid question, but what do you want to do with it?

Will you need a built in Freeview HD tuner (most don't have them) ?

Will you want to connect it to your network to watch streamed videos and stuff like BBC iplayer?

It might sound a stupid question, but what do you want to do with it?

Will you need a built in Freeview HD tuner (most don't have them) ?

No I have Sky so wouldn't use freeview

Will you want to connect it to your network to watch streamed videos and stuff like BBC iplayer?

That might be handy but not essential, I watch Iplayer on my laptop at the moment and I'm happy with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4694
3Leeds Utd4691
4Southampton4685
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4671