New Yoik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continental Airlines from Birmingham or Manchester to Newark usually have some good deals, I usually use them when on business in the US.

There are plenty of good cheapish hotels in Manhattan, I'd recommend staying somwhere around the empire state building because you can easily walk the whole island from there.

I flew with continental, its not brilliant but its ok. The advantage of flying into Newark is that you can get the train in from the airport to the centre of Manhattan, which is easy. I would recommend booking a taxi back though, as it can be a nightmare if you are on the train in their rush hour - they barely stand a minute at the station for people to get on and off. Stayed a block away from the Empire state building and it was just the right spot for getting around.

Last edited:
i flew with the Indian one (Air India, i dunno) was ok, a 747 is never bad and it was cheap

stayed at the Ramada in the middle, used to be called the New Yorker, don't bother unless you're tight on money, it's a dingy old thing

i ****ing hate the tipping culture, **** off, i paid for my beer and you poured it, game over

and I would definitely avoid TGI Fridays at Times Square - the worst food and service EVER

Get on the BA mailing list, i had an offer of return flights for £269.00 to JFK.

As for the tipping culture, my missus asked me how much to tip the taxi guy this morning.... it was a £3.60 fare.

Cheap air flight then use Air India, prices are hard to beat. Virgin are OK, but at the end of the day its just a flight unless you can go business class.

Hotels, I have stayed at the Roosevelt last time and the Pierre before. The Pierre is the place to stay out of the two.

Anyone have any idea how far in advance flight tickets become available for New York? I am looking for tickets for December 2009 (end of), but can't find them anywhere. I can get up to August on some, am I correct in assuming it's rolling, so in 4 months I should be able to get December, or is it just 12 months in advance (so I can find them in December this year)? It's part of my honeymoon so am eager to get numbers etc sorted asap.

Anyone have any idea how far in advance flight tickets become available for New York? I am looking for tickets for December 2009 (end of), but can't find them anywhere. I can get up to August on some, am I correct in assuming it's rolling, so in 4 months I should be able to get December, or is it just 12 months in advance (so I can find them in December this year)? It's part of my honeymoon so am eager to get numbers etc sorted asap.

You are right I think, online bookings go as far forward as 10 months I think so, as you say, in four months it will show prices for Dec '09. Have you tried a travel agent? They may have access to tickets wanted for later on :102:

Going Amsterdam now to see Ajax v Feyenoord with my brother and Dad in February.
I am going to that game as well, if you need any ticket info feel free to ask, i might see you at the game.

Big rivals their are so if you see some fighting there its normal

I am going to that game as well, if you need any ticket info feel free to ask, i might see you at the game.

Don't worry, hazz and his bruvah have been watchin Danny Dyer DVDs.
<mockney>If it all goes a bit wobbly and kicks off, hazz and his bruvaah will get stuck in and 'ave it with those muggy Dutch ****s, nice one bruvaaaaah!</mockney>

Going Amsterdam now to see Ajax v Feyenoord with my brother and Dad in February.

:icon_conf The Police and the Ajax and Feyenoord supporters all get out of control at these fixtures. :icon_conf

:icon_conf The Police and the Ajax and Feyenoord supporters all get out of control at these fixtures. :icon_conf

Exactly....a right fecking mash-up. :icon_lol:

Ajax offer these tickets for £80 a pop. You arrive at the ground 4 hrs before for a tour of the stadium and the museum, have your mug shot with the stadium etc. Then, they put a buffet on at the training ground next door and you are subject to 3 free drinks. Finally, you watch the match.

One of Europe's biggest clashes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47