Post Match Newcastle 1 Leicester 1 - won on penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have problems whether it's early in the season or not.

Our two best players by a country mile are barely involved in the games.

The amount of ball Vardy is seeing is an issue, you can't play one up top and loads of men in behind him and still completely fail to get him involved in games.

JM played a cracking ball through to Vardy against Sheff Utd but has completely failed to play that type of ball either before or after it, it's not rocket science especially when you have the ability.

We seem too focused on slow play across the midfield that we miss opportunities to play our striker in, Vardy hasn't a ****ing clue when the ball is actually going to be played so it's impossible to be ready for it.

The movement is actually as bad as it's ever been despite the fact that our congested narrow style demands good movement for it to work. Hardly anyone breaks against the general swaying motion of the midfield from one side to the other.

There is a **** load of improvement needed, but I'm sure BR is aware of this.

I agree with the comments that we've not looked at our best yet and some players - probably most notably, Tielemans and Perez - haven't quite clicked into gear yet.

But I also don't think we've been bad.

I take promise from the fact that despite not having our best performances yet, we're undefeated from some tricky opening games.

I think the performances will come, because Brendan is clearly still working on it.

I would prefer to see Tielemans deeper, with Maddison central and 2 wide men - but we more or less had that last night, and I think we'll see it again in the home game at the weekend.

Sometimes it's worth considering how important it is not to make a bad start.

The last time Rodgers began a new season as a new manager at Liverpool they were in the relegation zone after five matches with two points. They didn't get themselves into the top half until the half way point of the season and then they pushed on finishing 7th. The bad start handicapped them for the rest of the season.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's thinking about being defensive minded, grabbing early points however we have to, just to get a solid foundation for the season. In May, nobody will give a shit how we played in the first month or so. All that matters is that we get some points on the board.

Remember that if we win on Saturday, we'll have equalled our best ever Premier League start (the title winning season). How we're playing is a problem, and there are several issues we have to address, but it's all about picking up points and getting through cup rounds at this stage.

Rodgers is an attack minded manager and wants his teams to play attractive, flowing football. The fact that we're not doing that will matter to him. But I'd much rather be playing well below the level we can and pick up points than be playing lovely football and taking fewer points.

Agree with the comments made here. We look a bit 'work in progress' but it's encouraging that we are good in possession, look pretty solid defensively and scoring a few goals. Early season is about building fitness, getting used to new players and systems whilst trying to build some momentum with results. We're achieving that so far and if we beat Bournemouth on Saturday it will be our best start for 4 seasons. Can't argue with that.

Big difference between now and when we won the league, is expectation!

When we won the league, we initially wanted to get to 40 points as quickly as possible, sod the style.
Now we want to win the league as quickly as possible.

Let's have some patience , people

As relates to our form...I do think the match this weekend will tell us a lot about where we stand.

Bournemouth are awkward and have got positive results in past years. We couldn’t even beat them when we won the title.

A defeat or even draw paired with these “3rd gear” performances and it’s fair to say we aren’t quite right yet.

However, a win and any concern about form should be put to bed.

My own opinion is that we aren’t yet getting the best out of our better players, but that’s largely understandable as we make sure we are defensively sound while we adjust to the changes we’ve had to make at the back and in defensive midfield.

It’s a real marker, this Saturday.

As relates to our form...I do think the match this weekend will tell us a lot about where we stand.

Bournemouth are awkward and have got positive results in past years. We couldn’t even beat them when we won the title.

A defeat or even draw paired with these “3rd gear” performances and it’s fair to say we aren’t quite right yet.

However, a win and any concern about form should be put to bed.

My own opinion is that we aren’t yet getting the best out of our better players, but that’s largely understandable as we make sure we are defensively sound while we adjust to the changes we’ve had to make at the back and in defensive midfield.

It’s a real marker, this Saturday.

I agree - but there's no need to panic even if we lose at the weekend. Look at the table and no one other than Liverpool has had a perfect start. 19 of the 20 clubs have 3 or more points after 3 games - that's the first time that's ever happened in the PL, and I think in the top flight the first time since the 60's I heard the other day.

So plenty of clubs will be feeling similar to us right now, not quite sure where they stand or how the season will go. But we're in a very good place to push on and should only get better.

But I think we might see things click on Saturday and put a few in and pick up a good win.

Darren Bent pointed out that the Newcastle goal shouldn’t have stood as the ref should have gave a free kick to us for a dive by their LWB

i said the other day that we needed to give B.R time .I do feel that hes playing out his results fairly well so far hes got the lads playing for each other now too .and that cant be bad thing .im sure the goals will come were doing well in the table too .just give it time

Does BR give Perez more time? I tend agree we need width and that is where Albrighton comes in as he can play on both sides of the pitch. When BR was the manager of Liverpool I thought he played a minimum of two upfront I could be wrong, it is apparent however that he wants us to be hard to beat first, the rest as they say will take care of itself.

Saturday is a tricky and difficult opponent and if we get 3 points it will be a fantastic start to the season.

we were playing much better with Maddison and Tielemans either side if Wilf with Barnes and Gray on the wing then we are now, when we went to Man City he brought Hamza in for a winger understandably but he stuck with it after we we didn't score until Chelsea away this season

Get this width idea out of your heads.

Even when we've played Barnes he constantly coming inside and narrowing the space.

Even when we've played Barnes he constantly coming inside and narrowing the space.
He still stayed wider than Maddison does now, more importantly his playing allowed Maddison & Tielemans to interchange play 1-2s and create our chances

That is the players not playing wide! it is obvious we need width to create space for Vardy, Maddison, Teilemens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669