Post Match Newcastle 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 points from a possible 27 away from home. Fantastic!

That wss an important win today, especially with the cup break next weekend - and with growing COVID cases, who knows what could happen. Important to stay as high up the league as possible throughout.

Still need a striker to add more attacking threat.

Newcastle, Everton, Huddersfield, Middlesbrough, Bournemouth, Liverpool, Millwall, Huddersfield, Crystal Palace, Hull, Ipswich, Luton
... and Newcastle. THIRTEEN!

It was some classic overthinking from BR.

He ****ing loves trying to complicate things for a laugh.
Maybe he just got bored, we were that comfortable.

The change only looked poor because they scored almost immediately. If they hadn't, the last ten would have been as easy as the rest of the game to defend.

That's the end of a ridiculously tough run of matches. Since the last international break, we've had to play 12 matches in 6 weeks including two away trips in the EL.

It looked wobbly at the start of that run but we've now taken 14 points from our last 7 PL games. It's also now 22 points out of 27 away from home this season with the only defeat at Liverpool.

Somehow, during that period, we've also rotated the squad plenty and got most of our injured players back. If Ricardo returns on Saturday as expected, the squad will be fully fit.

Time now to send a few of the overworked players away for a week off and cobble together whoever remains for Saturday's FA Cup tie. It's almost two weeks until we play Southampton and then the run of fixtures is mad once again.

All told, we're doing exceptionally well this season.

Rodgers I think wanted to give Soyuncu some game time. I reckon that's what motivated the change, nothing more. It was a risk perhaps, and one that almost bit us in the arse, but I think it was necessary. I'm not going to be critical of him for that change.
Stick him on for Evans or Fofana then, rather than disrupt the whole team.

Or better still, play him against Stoke.

Two flashes of absolute quality the difference in the two sides.

I personally had no issue with the Soyuncu substitution, and thought it was practical for a number of reasons.

Thought Vardy was superb today.

Wtf has happened to the post match by sky??
Pre-match for two top 8 teams more important than post-match for a top three team?

Hate sky even before our game they spent all the time blabbering on about Mank and Chelski and 20 minutes before they kick off they haven't even mentioned Leicesters game, think I'll check the table to make sure it actually took place

Uninspiring and unconvincing. But even in spite of that, we found ourselves comfortably 2-0 up due to the complete ineptness of Newcastle.

We then had our manager try to lose it for us by changing our formation when comfortable, not sure whether it was through overthinking or plain arrogance, but it was ****ing stupid nevertheless.

But we got the three points in the end thankfully.

Sorry but I think that's all bollocks.

1. The ineptness of Newcastle - I think they would've been pleased with their defensive performance up until we scored. We kept at it and broke them down - we deserve credit for that.

2. I don't think the substitution can be blamed for the goal at all. JJ would've been in that space to give away that free kick either way. And we also need to give Soyuncu game time to regain match fitness - Brendan always wanted to do that, he wanted to do in other games if the situation allowed but it didn't. At 2-0 it was a safe enough bet to do it. It also didn't change the formation, at least not defensively. Justin would've switched to RWB and Albrighton pushed up more.

The free kick was a silly one to give away but you can't blame the manager for that IMO.

Pre-match for two top 8 teams more important than post-match for a top three team?
Still think the establishment are smarting from when we won the League, it is the same with Talk Spurs they are only interested in London Centric clubs with the fact they can not ignore Man Utd,City or Liverpool. I noticed the commentary change as soon as Newcastle scored they were loving it.

Wtf has happened to the post match by sky??
Post match continues on sky sports news. I'm now watching sky sports news and its Pep. Genuinely had no idea he was Newcastle manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363