Post Match Newcastle 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick him on for Evans or Fofana then, rather than disrupt the whole team.

Or better still, play him against Stoke.
Spidey senses tell me all's not quite right with Soyuncu. I reckon he's being gently nursed back to confidence. I think Rodgers wanted to give him an easy as poss road back. A full 90 at Stoke might not have been that.

Sorry but I think that's all bollocks.

1. The ineptness of Newcastle - I think they would've been pleased with their defensive performance up until we scored. We kept at it and broke them down - we deserve credit for that.

2. I don't think the substitution can be blamed for the goal at all. JJ would've been in that space to give away that free kick either way. And we also need to give Soyuncu game time to regain match fitness - Brendan always wanted to do that, he wanted to do in other games if the situation allowed but it didn't. At 2-0 it was a safe enough bet to do it. It also didn't change the formation, at least not defensively. Justin would've switched to RWB and Albrighton pushed up more.

The free kick was a silly one to give away but you can't blame the manager for that IMO.

Sorry but I think that’s all bollocks.

1. Newcastle were a pile of shit.

2. You don’t think Soyuncu for Maddison changed the formation? Did Soyuncu play just behind Vardy then? I must have missed that.

Even the goal aside, we were defensively shaky when Soyuncu came on. It disrupted the team and stunk of arrogance.

Also, for all the criticism of a less than stellar performance, we found a way to win.

Often its been games like these - teams that focus firstly on defending heavily to keep us out and would see a point as a good result - that we've struggled in.

But Palace and Newcastle did that and we've come away with 4 points from those games, so maybe finding a way to pick up points in those games is something we're starting to improve at.

2. You don’t think Soyuncu for Maddison changed the formation? Did Soyuncu play just behind Vardy then? I must have missed that.

Even the goal aside, we were defensively shaky when Soyuncu came on. It disrupted the team and stunk of arrogance.
Just admit it, you didn't like it because it was 3 centre halves and it gives you a reason to whinge. At least then we could respect your honest.

Also, for all the criticism of a less than stellar performance, we found a way to win.

Often its been games like these - teams that focus firstly on defending heavily to keep us out and would see a point as a good result - that we've struggled in.

But Palace and Newcastle did that and we've come away with 4 points from those games, so maybe finding a way to pick up points in those games is something we're starting to improve at.

Helps to score three absolutely superb goals.

Sorry but I think that's all bollocks.

1. The ineptness of Newcastle - I think they would've been pleased with their defensive performance up until we scored. We kept at it and broke them down - we deserve credit for that.

2. I don't think the substitution can be blamed for the goal at all. JJ would've been in that space to give away that free kick either way. And we also need to give Soyuncu game time to regain match fitness - Brendan always wanted to do that, he wanted to do in other games if the situation allowed but it didn't. At 2-0 it was a safe enough bet to do it. It also didn't change the formation, at least not defensively. Justin would've switched to RWB and Albrighton pushed up more.

The free kick was a silly one to give away but you can't blame the manager for that IMO.
1. JJ did not need to give that free kick away it was absolute stupidity, the substitution invited Newcastle on to us although I understand why he wanted extra height to deal with Carroll.

2. The disturbing part is he then did not look to increase our lead ( this would have forced Newcastle backwards and resulting to long balls) by making two more substitutions, Under or Thomas would have helped massively by replacing Albrighton, Praet for Teilemans would have added extra bit in the midfield to see it through.

Helps to score three absolutely superb goals.

Exactly. But that's what the best teams rely on right? When the opposition defend with everything they've got and make it difficult for you, it's when you rely on your superior quality players to find something special to unlock them.

Barnes, Youri and Maddison are all players with the quality to do that.

1. JJ did not need to give that free kick away it was absolute stupidity, the substitution invited Newcastle on to us although I understand why he wanted extra height to deal with Carroll.

2. The disturbing part is he then did not look to increase our lead ( this would have forced Newcastle backwards and resulting to long balls) by making two more substitutions, Under or Thomas would have helped massively by replacing Albrighton, Praet for Teilemans would have added extra bit in the midfield to see it through.

You think at 2-1 on 82 mins we should've then been pushing for a 3rd goal?

I'm glad Brendan is our manager and not you.

Just admit it, you didn't like it because it was 3 centre halves and it gives you a reason to whinge. At least then we could respect your honest.
Well we were defensively solid for 80 minutes, then changed the shape and we were as shaky as **** for 10 minutes.

It’s about changing it at all when we were so comfortable. Not about changing from 2 to 3 or 3 to 2.

A corner?
There should not have even been a corner in the first place JJ should have shadowed the player instead he hacked him down thus given Newcastle the chance to do what they are good at .... set peices especially with Carroll there.

In fact, the more you throw the word around, I'm not sure you know what the word arrogance means. It certainly isn't putting a defender on for a midfielder to shore up against their pressure. If anything, it shows respect to their threat.

Well we were defensively solid for 80 minutes, then changed the shape and we were as shaky as **** for 10 minutes.

It’s about changing it at all when we were so comfortable. Not about changing from 2 to 3 or 3 to 2.
We were shaky after they scored, nothing to do with the sub. Considering your apparent next-level football knowledge, I'd assume you'd have spotted that.

The free kick came within 2 mins after the substitution, so to try and imply any Tactical shift in the pattern of the game in between the sub and the free kick isn't really giving you much to go on...

Any Tactical switch in defence is always a risk, but at 2-0 and with Soyuncu needing game time, it was a calculated risk worth taking.

We were shaky after they scored, nothing to do with the sub. Considering your apparent next-level football knowledge, I'd assume you'd have spotted that.
So we weren’t shaky when they scored? Just afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263