Newcastle Relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Anyone else see how they went down at Villa Park today with little fussing or fighting? Tell you what, I can see Newcastle doing a Leeds...

I think it's all rather amusing actually...

I wanted Newcastle to go down, but now it's happened I wouldn't really say I was happy about it.

Watching them on Sky though, the players deserved it.. as you say, they just didn't put up a fight.
Can't help feel sorry for the fans though..

Most of those players (Coloccini, Taylor, Martins, Owen, Nolan, etc) will probably now move on and find another club in the Premiership. Newcastle are going to have a big job rebuilding... not just the squad but behind the scenes as well it seems.

Would still expect them to bounce straight back up though... Even though I think they'll stick with Shearer, which I don't think is really the right choice. He's only had 8 games, but I don't see what he's done in that time to show he's someone that can get them sorted.

Tell you what, I can see Newcastle doing a Leeds...

I think it's all rather amusing actually...

If they keep Shearer i agree, he looks like a terrible, terrible manager, if they do the sensible thing and get someone else in i think they have the players to go back up.

Last edited:
Would still expect them to bounce straight back up though...

I can see Middlebrough bouncing straight back up but I think (and hope) that Newcastle might do a Leeds!

I can see Middlebrough bouncing straight back up but I think (and hope) that Newcastle might do a Leeds!

Oh god no if they keep Southgate. WBA look the only ones fit for the Championship imo, Boro and Newcastle i can see completely under-estimating it

Whey aye, man.

:081::081:

A wee stottie cake and a broown ale should cheer all those canny lads and lasses oop.

Lets not forget that Newcastle fans are the greatest in the world......:icon_roll

Seeing Newcastle go down today has pretty much completed an almost perfect season in terms of what I personally wanted to see happen.

-We won the league
-Leeds and Milwall stayed down
-We beat Leeds (in the last minute)
-We get to play all our local rivals next season
-Liverpool won **** all
-AND we get a great away trip to St James' park next year

Last edited:
A wee stottie cake and a broown ale should cheer all those canny lads and lasses oop.

They are awful. I bet Geordie Racer is crying his eyes out. Tyneside awaits (I am looking forward to it but on some people's hype you'd think we would be playing at Wembley).

Although credit to Shearer, quite graceful for a change in his interview. Admitted them were shite basically.

Well thats Owen finished with the geordies, if not forever.

£100000 a week in the championship, i dont think so.

They really got value for money out of him didnt they:102:.

Its makes the Akinbiyi transfer look half decent:icon_roll. What a bloody rip-off

i like Shearer and i like Geordies and have a lot of time for the club...

but the club could be in real trouble...trying to offload players could be chaos

apparently the villa fans had a banner with "Who's your next Messiah, Ant or Dec?" on it

pfffffffffft

I'll have to start training now for the climb up to the away end at Newcastle.

Having only sat in the Gallowgate End, does it contend with Man City's circular staircase. I nearly had a heart attack there - this was mainly down to turning up late and hearing a roar when approaching which happened to be Jordan Stewart's opener.

Much fun ahead. I don't know how many of the first team will be around next year - probably 2 or 3 at most. Any more would be even worse - not up for the Premiership, they're unlikely to fancy Scunthorpe or Peterborough on a wet Tuesday night. Their shit manager with his shit tactics and shit assistant is clearly going to be a liability. And with a scouting system obviously shot to hell, you've got to wonder where they're going to get any decent quality Championship players.

Still, on the upside, in the pre-Prem days, Newcastle always used to be one of the best bunch of away fans. Hopefully they can rediscover that if nothing else.

Quite, some people have short memories. Confirmed for me when he condoned an awful tackle when doing his punditry on MOTD. Can't remember the details but a shocking analysis of the incident.

That's probably just because his analysis is almost always useless. You've gotta hope he stays as manager so he stays off MOTD this season and after that his credibility will be so shot he won't get another pundit's spot.

I want to see Newcastle nose dive through the divisions, mainly for scientific reasons.

I want to know if the best fans in the whole wide world will stick by them through thick and thin.

Also I hate these feckers with a passion!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669