Newcastle Relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased with this as they suffer from the Leeds syndrome without having one anything. :icon_bigg

I can see Middlebrough bouncing straight back up but I think (and hope) that Newcastle might do a Leeds!

I can't see any evidence whatsoever that Boro are good enough to "bounce back". As for Newcastle, I really thought that they had enough about them to survive - but they hadn't. That said the points tallies of Hull and Sunderland were also very sub-standard and in most seasons they would have been goners too. There were 5 woeful teams in the Premiership and all of them deserved to be relegated.

I can't see any evidence whatsoever that Boro are good enough to "bounce back". As for Newcastle, I really thought that they had enough about them to survive - but they hadn't. That said the points tallies of Hull and Sunderland were also very sub-standard and in most seasons they would have been goners too. There were 5 woeful teams in the Premiership and all of them deserved to be relegated.

If you ask me, Portsmouth, Bolton and Blackburn can all count themselves lucky to have not been in more trouble towards the end of the season as well, having all got to just 41 points.

Teams have stayed in the Prem with less than 40 before... but I would think this must be the first time (or one of the only times at least) that 2 teams have got less than 40 points in the Premiership and still stayed up?

That's probably just because his analysis is almost always useless. You've gotta hope he stays as manager so he stays off MOTD this season and after that his credibility will be so shot he won't get another pundit's spot.

As long as Chris Kamara has enough credibility to speak on football you can be sure that Shearer will never want for work. Football fans need to start demanding proper TV programming with intelligent non-ex-players leading the coverage before anything will ever change there.

Last edited:
I actually like Shearer as a pundit... much, much better than Mark Lawrenson!

He was far better as a pundit than when he used to commentate on Sky.

obviously, Newcastle have made some crap signings and this has contributed to the relegation

and which person would that be in charge of transfers....step forward The Posion Dwarf.....Denis Wise

I have not seen the details but I thought that I had heard on the news that the Club had been arrogant/stupid enough not to have dual division contracts for the players. With a £20million shortfall in their income next year, there is going to be a firesale with the club being held to ranson by other premiership clubs offeering to take some of their better players for 'free' if they have to honour expensive contracts.

So the heart ripped out of the club. no-one today looked up for the fight so no pride being show. I think they could go into free-fall the way of Leeds and Charlton.

That's probably just because his analysis is almost always useless. You've gotta hope he stays as manager so he stays off MOTD this season and after that his credibility will be so shot he won't get another pundit's spot.

Not likely. Kamara has been spewing shit as a pundit for years after being an incredibly crap manager

Last edited:
I want to know if the best fans in the whole wide world will stick by them through thick and thin.

Judging by their attitude & treatment of previous managers, i would say that the question as already been answered.
I wouldnt be surprised if even saint Shearer takes flak, if they dont get off to a flyer next season.
There fans are there own worst enemy imo.

I'm actually dissapointed that Newcastle have gone down. Angers me to see the shite like Hull and Bolton and in the premier league, at least Newcastle have a few quality players unlike the other two. Hope Newcastle bounce back next season and Hull, Bolton and boring Brum come down.

I'm actually dissapointed that Newcastle have gone down. Angers me to see the shite like Hull and Bolton and in the premier league, at least Newcastle have a few quality players unlike the other two.

But the thing about Newcastle is the players that they have really couldn't care less. The likes of Owen, Martins, Coloccini, Smith, Martins, Viduka, Barton, Duff etc have all played for top teams and are great footballers individually, but after they tens of thousnads of pounds they get paid every week there's nothing to motivate them, they just seem to rely on this mentality that Newcastle are a great club - which they aren't.

I don't especially like the brand of football that sides like Stoke and Bolton play but the players are well trained in what they do and can muster an important win when thay have to. The players work for a manager that they have faith in and respect. A perfect example of this is Allerdyce at B'burn - the players had no time for Paul Ince because he'd come from nowhere and was punching above his weight. Blackburn and Bolton have both made perfect managerial appointments in Megson and Allerdyce and although their palyers don't have the same ability as those of Newcastle they get the best out of what they have.

Bringing Keegan back was a gimmick. A steady manager like Kinnear almost worked but for all the crap about Ashley and Barton. And Shearer was an even bigger gimmick than Keegan. The fans may adore him but do a bunch of overpaid players that have no intention other then leaving at the end of the season? No.

Last edited:
I'm actually dissapointed that Newcastle have gone down. Angers me to see the shite like Hull and Bolton and in the premier league, at least Newcastle have a few quality players unlike the other two. Hope Newcastle bounce back next season and Hull, Bolton and boring Brum come down.

Not that long ago people were saying that of us. It angers me that someone who claims to be a football fan thinks there should be any other measure of what a club 'deserves' than the performance of its team on the pitch.

Not that long ago people were saying that of us. It angers me that someone who claims to be a football fan thinks there should be any other measure of what a club 'deserves' than the performance of its team on the pitch.

Exactly. Youre in the division by merit. Besides Newcastle were averaging 16,000 in the Championship in the early 90s until Keegan took over. ManUtd and Liverpool were both run down 2nd division sides until Shankly and Busby took over them respectively. What about Clough at Derby and Forest? Sir Alf Ramsey at Ipswich? etc. etc.

Its success that makes a "big" club, not the other way round.

Particularly coming from a Leicester fan, its a very odd statement.

Last edited:
I read the other day that they have an annual income of £100m (not next season they won't!), of which £70m goes on wages!!

They are gonna have some serious clearing out to do methinks.

No, I am a football fan I don't claim to be one, I am.

True it is about the players on the pitch, and maybe what I said was wrong however I will never know how teams like Bolton and Hull are in the premier league when teams like Newcastle and Leeds are not.

No, I am a football fan I don't claim to be one, I am.

True it is about the players on the pitch, and maybe what I said was wrong however I will never know how teams like Bolton and Hull are in the premier league when teams like Newcastle and Leeds are not.

Because they won more points over 38 games. Not that hard to comprehend tbh

Because they won more points over 38 games. Not that hard to comprehend tbh

Well yeah, but how they managed to is beyond me, with the players they both have they deserve to be in the Championship, I just really hope they get hammered next year like they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669