Post Match Newcastle United 1 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City 0 - Newcastle 1 (a)

Profondo Rosso;1210313) said:
Ulloa, Schlupp, Vardy and Albrighton offered next to nothing

It's the first time I'd seen Ulloa and I thought he was out best player. He didn't get any service in scoring positions, but his first touch, his hold up play and the way he brought others into play were excellent. Maybe I'm so impressed because it's so long since we had a player who can do that.

Well clearly we weren't great but NP and the players weren't to blame for that shambles. It's that ****ing engineer who fixed the video screen who is to blame. The Geordie wanker.

It's the first time I'd seen Ulloa and I thought he was out best player. He didn't get any service in scoring positions, but his first touch, his hold up play and the way he brought others into play were excellent. Maybe I'm so impressed because it's so long since we had a player who can do that.

Thing is Jeff, if he doesn't bang 2 goals a game hes utter shit, always bitter sweet when a new striker starts well for us as he will undoubtedly be deemed off the pace the minute hes not smashing the goals in.

Re: Newcastle 1 Leicester 0

Disappointing performance. Both teams were pretty crap.

Hopefully we see a better performance next time out because we're beginning to throw away our fantastic start to the season that we made against the better teams.

Nugent's energy made a difference and I thought we'd turned the corner in the game by the time they scored, so it was a bit of a sucker punch.

RDL gets sucked in by wingers/runners far, far too high up the pitch. Closes them down on the half way line, gets turned and then has to chase back. It seems to happen almost every game. I hope Danny Simpson comes in soon.

On a serious note. I thought Albrighton did well in the first half especially considering how defensive our set up was. He put in two excellent crosses. I think we were the better team.

It's definitely time to give Simpson a prolonged run in the team. Ulloa is a definite starter but as for the combination of the other 5 midfield/attackers it's really anyone's guess as to who and what combinations.

Two shit teams. We did well to be shitter

We start the season playing like kings against the top sides

King, Mahrez, Hammond and Nugent drive us forward to deliver football we've waited over ten years for

We are now playing like complete and utter dog turd against the dregs of the league.

None of the above are starting. Instead we are starting with toss such as Albrighton and Schlupp.

Must just be coincidence.......

Terrible to watch. Started to look better when Nugent and Vardy came on but then lost a goal and it went to shit again. Hope Knockaert isn't moaning about not starting because on that showing he was fecking horseshit. Ulloa had one of those clumsy looking off days again...

We start the season playing like kings against the top sides

King, Mahrez, Hammond and Nugent drive us forward to deliver football we've waited over ten years for

We are now playing like complete and utter dog turd against the dregs of the league.

None of the above are starting. Instead we are starting with toss such as Albrighton and Schlupp.

Must just be coincidence.......

Didn't Schlupp start against Everton and Arsenal? He played in Malawi midweek, so surely not trained for today.

I was not at the match, but it sounds as if our midfield combination did not work well. We need to go back to what works, and 442 with a fairly settled side. I would like to see Was and Wes again. Moore is good, but Wes and Was was our preferred setup last year.

I would also want to see a bit of striker rotation. Ulloa has been sussed by too many defences. Swansea looks tough.

For Swansea:

Hamer

RdL, Wes, Was, Konch

Knockheart, James, King, Mahrez

Nugent, Vardy

Why is Albrighton being slated by some?

Our greatest weapon is pace and today (again) we didn't either have the right players on the pitch or the ones that were playing didn't use it.

Why the feck we come out against this type of team to contain them is beyond me. They were low on confidence and hadn't won this season, so we sit back and try and frustrate them.

Why don't we have a go at teams like this, because if we score an early goal we will probably go on to win the game.

Newcastle were shockingly bad and we gave all of the impetus to them, poor, very poor tactically.

Can someone please help me open the front door to The Safe House? It's impossible to open as the door seem to be completely stuck in some sticky sour smelling stuff. I have some beer I need to put in the fridge before things get nasty.

Our greatest weapon is pace and today (again) we didn't either have the right players on the pitch or the ones that were playing didn't use it.

Why the feck we come out against this type of team to contain them is beyond me. They were low on confidence and hadn't won this season, so we sit back and try and frustrate them.

Why don't we have a go at teams like this, because if we score an early goal we will probably go on to win the game.

Newcastle were shockingly bad and we gave all of the impetus to them, poor, very poor tactically.

I completely agree about the wrong tactics. That's two games in a row now where we've had the wrong tactics. We should have attacked from the off and not wasted the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566