Post Match Newcastle United 1 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newcastle 1 Leicester 0

And I thought he was our only creative player. Still it's all about opinions.

Certainly is

Pearson's opinion was to haul the useless feck off the pitch after 55 minutes.

Pity it wasn't a lot earlier - 55 minutes earlier would have been good

If James had scored from that chance in the first half, it would have been a completely different ball-game ( 3-1 as Micky predicted??).

Last edited:
I've had better days out. 0-0 would have been a fair reflection, but having said that James should have out his chance away and we did hit the wordwork ( purely by chance ) in the first half. I thought we were starting to put some decent pressure on and got caught on the counter in the second half.

And don't even get me on to the farce that was the delayed kick-off. Spent an hour hanging around outside the ground, no stewards telling us what was going on. The police seemed to be getting their info off the BBC news website. Tinpot club, Newcastle.

Ah well, there's always next week...............

I've had better days out. 0-0 would have been a fair reflection, but having said that James should have out his chance away and we did hit the wordwork ( purely by chance ) in the first half. I thought we were starting to put some decent pressure on and got caught on the counter in the second half.

And don't even get me on to the farce that was the delayed kick-off. Spent an hour hanging around outside the ground, no stewards telling us what was going on. The police seemed to be getting their info off the BBC news website. Tinpot club, Newcastle.

Ah well, there's always next week...............
Not any problems getting back home due to the delay?

No, by good fortune we were booked on the 18.30 back rather than the 18.00. Fitz will think I'm mad, but I had a quick half in O'Neill's opposite the station before catching the train back. There were a few, er, interesting characters in there. Don't think I will pop in the next time I'm up in Newcastle.

When are you over next?

No, by good fortune we were booked on the 18.30 back rather than the 18.00. Fitz will think I'm mad, but I had a quick half in O'Neill's opposite the station before catching the train back. There were a few, er, interesting characters in there. Don't think I will pop in the next time I'm up in Newcastle.

When are you over next?
Good fortune or good planning :)

I'm coming over for City-WBA

Thought first half both teams were of a muchness and both should probably have scored (James in particular). Second half we looked better when Nuge and Vardy came on, though Nuge really looks in need of some confidence at the moment. Sadly their goal came when we were on top and although we rallied for a couple of minutes afterwards I couldn't see us scoring after that. Only seen Albrighton play twice but I haven't been particularly impressed. Yes he put in a couple of good crosses but too many times he didn't chase the ball down and didn't help out RDL in defense, puzzlingly selection but maybe he needs more of a run in the side. Not that we have the luxury of letting players do that at the moment.

First time I've been to Newcastle. Nice stadium, no atmosphere, the warnings of the steps to get up to the away end were not exaggerated.

We did! The later get-away and then a stop off meant we had a nice diversion around Wakefield as by 8pm, that section of the motorway was close.

I think people are being overly harsh. For me it was 65% a good away performance. I personally felt we were a touch too defensive in the way we started against a side clearly devoid of confidence. Ulloa was largely isolated and in my opinion did a decent job of holding the ball etc. The only problem was as a result of this hard work; he was constantly on the half-way line and no-one from the central midfield 3 bombed past him. Albrighton appears much of a muchness whereas Schlupp looked like a League 2 player on a day out for a cup tie. Moore needs to start playing with some brain; passing poor, heading back into danger areas for example. Konchesky was back to his plucky self.

The 35% which didn't go well was the total lack of quality on the final pass or a set piece situation and then when in on goal, a lack of composure. We also defended naive at times. I sense most teams would have taken out Obertan about 30 yards from goal instead we gave him another ten yards until the edge of the box and rather than pushing him on his weak foot, we shown him onto his favoured right. It was that type of intelligence which we failed to diplay which got us the great form early doors and we are beginning to be as brainless as others now.

The reason folk are being harsh is that Newcastle were totally ineffective, clearly had no confidence and very little quality. Yet we lost to them, just like we dropped against Burnley. The ref pissed me off too; a total air of him not wanting to be there.

Btw I will make the point that game was rather simple in quality to watching Leeds play Rotherham on Friday night.

Last edited:
I think people are being overly harsh. For me it was 65% a good away performance.

You make some fair points. We are beginning to see a trend in our away performances. We hold it tight for the first half, I think all four games have been 0-0 at half time. We then just seem to hope to catch a break later on. More often that not, that won't work. We got away with it at Stoke and folded in the other three matches.

If I were managing a team at home to us, I'd be really quite confident that we'll eventually get the win. Just persist and eventually you'll get the goal and they're highly unlikely to be able to strike back. One goal in four matches is pretty grim and we always look likely to make a defensive mistake, as you described very accurately against Obertan.

For me Schlupp is ****ing woeful in every aspect other than pace. The fact he is starting football matches for us in the Premier League is utterly absurd.

He has a similar flotballing brain to that of Liza Tarbuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566