Post Match Newcastle United 1 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Absolutely dreadful.

Newcastle a poor side and we were worse.

Still don't know Pearsons best side. Too many changes, no consistency.

Re: City 0 - Newcastle 1 (a)

Konchesky horrendous, Albrighton and Schlupp might as well have stayed at home, Drinkwater looked utterly off the pace.

We've got problems.

Utter gash. I expect a much improved performance in the next game.

team selection too negative, was never going to work for 90 minutes, ok first 20 minutes to quieten the crowd but imo we should have picked a positive line-up and really gone for them from the start

Yhey scored just as we were getting on top.
James got caught in possession and RDL wasn't up to it when going forward
We missed the opportunities when we had them. You can't do that at this level

The **** was that? They were absolute dogshit and we couldn't be ****ed

Not trying to rant: but we spend an international break planning and suddenly Albrighton is first choice? Schlupp shows up for training with Mahrez but starts?

And we don't address anything in our leaky back five?

I'm not trying to be a mongie...but I'm very very annoyed by some of the choices in the last three games.

1 point from the three is relegation stuff.

Well, we spoiled it first half and that was fine given the context of the match and our team selection.

What the hell happened at the start of the second half, I have no idea. We handed them the initiative and our performance in that first 15 mins was woeful. As a result, NP felt he had to change personnel too early and weakened our shape. No idea what he was thinking or what Plan B was supposed to be.

We were very lucky not to concede before they scored to be honest. Newcastle were so poor and nervous, it took some remarkably shite play from us to make them look good. Who played well? Nobody. Ulloa pipped De Laet as the worst player on the pitch and his bubble has well and truly burst in his last three performances.

Overall, for the third successive match, we've played as though we're desperate not to win. Now two points from the bottom three and that game against Utd seems a long time ago.

We had no attacking threat whatsoever til Nugent came on. Even though not everything he did came off he at least looked interested in having a go. Ulloa, Schlupp, Vardy and Albrighton offered next to nothing.

Paul Konchesky lucky not to have given about 3 goals away.

Don't quite know what to say about that, as it was so bad.

I really hope NP doesn't trot out the 'we can take positives from that game' because from what I saw there were none whatsoever.

Our away form is actually starting to look like a legitimate problem.

10 goals at home, 1 away.

Got what we deserved. In fact we got what we have deserved pretty much all season. The urgency, energy, tenacity we showed against Everton, Utd and Arsenal has virtually disappeared. I appreciate we can't play in that style and tempo every game but there has to be something when we defend from the front, tighten up the midfield and stop teams playing with work rate - IMO we should always play to our strengths instead of lining up trying to outthink the opposition because we don't have enough quality in our squad to execute.

That was just a big bag of scuttery shit

Well as a promoted team we were always likely to struggle and lose more games than we win. But the level of performance in the last three games against three struggling sides just hasn't been good enough. I still think there will be three teams worse than us come May but I'm less convinced than I was.

The thing for me is that our defence in dogshit, in which case it's pointless trying to contain teams. We should be going for teams like we did last season. Of course the quality is different now and we'd get found out on occasion but I'd fancy us to outscore our opponents often enough that we'd survive.

There was no point pissing the second division last year to sit back against average sides this time around. I'm also concerned that we've conceded so many shots against so far. We've played enough games now that that is more than coincidence. We're not setting up right somewhere.

Last edited:

And if things don't buck up I don't see much coming from trips to Swansea, Southampton or WBA - happy days!

First half we were crap but still had the best chance of the game.

When the subs came on and we were well on top I thought we'd win, they looked very nervous at the back. Then they scored on the break after we'd committed too many players forward. Even then though I thought we'd get back into it. Then knockaert came on and we seemed to lose shape and looked clueless.

Very impressed by Ulloa. Not so impressed by Konchesky.

My seat was directly underneath the dangerous screen.

uploadfromtaptalk1413652587174.jpg

It was so horribly obvious that this was going to happen. I called the result and there was never going to be another outcome.

We simply fail to show up against the lesser sides, apart from last season we never have.

Pearson needs to give them a ****ing good talking too. We are a promoted side who seem to have no interest in winning games against non top 4 opposition.

Defence is shite, said it before even after our decent results.

We won't get anything at Swansea either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566