Pre Match Newcastle v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting snow this weekend

A band of rain, sleet and snow will move south across northern and eastern Scotland later on Friday, then into the Borders and northeast England on Friday night. The snow will mainly affect high ground at first but will fall to lower levels on Friday night. 1-4 cm is likely at some lower levels but with 5-10 cm above 150 m, with drifting in the strong to gale force north or northwesterly winds. Indeed severe gales with gusts to 60 mph could bring a short period of blizzard conditions to the highest routes later Friday evening and overnight. The more persistent snow and strong winds will have cleared by Saturday morning but ice will be an additional hazard by then, particularly for higher level routes.

Please be aware of the likelihood of some difficult driving conditions and some travel disruption.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641673

Any chance of a postponement?

Depends if the refs a southern poof I'm led to believe. Heard it's going to stop on Saturday morning but news at dinner time report it'll be snowing through Saturday. It'll probably be a lovely sunny day.

Blizzard ? Pah !

Play it in skins, bunch of jessies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34872166

The French national anthem - La Marseillaise - will be played before this weekend's Premier League matches.

A choral version will be played after the coin toss, with players from both teams coming together with match officials in the centre circle.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore described it as an act of "solidarity and remembrance" after the Paris attacks in which 129 people died.

La Marseillaise was sung before England's win over France on Tuesday.

There are 72 French players currently in the Premier League.

"Given how close we are, as well as the long-standing relationship that exists between the Premier League and France, playing La Marseillaise as an act of solidarity and remembrance is the right thing to do," said Scudamore.

Chelsea have announced their players will wear black armbands incorporating the French flag during their home game with Norwich City on Saturday (15:00 BST).

Newcastle United's players will also wear black armbands during their home game with Leicester City.

The Premier League has briefed each club on the current threat alert and existing security guidance.

All a bit OTT if you ask me, will they be playing the Russian anthem as well? ... No. I thought not.

All a bit OTT if you ask me, will they be playing the Russian anthem as well? ... No. I thought not.

If they played the country's anthem every time people were killed by terrorists we'd be hearing the anthems for Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria etc every week.

But the Premier League obviously want to look good around the world, so they're doing this for PR purposes.

Absolutely feckin' ridiculous. Beyond stupid

Nothing for Mali or Russia, then.

Oooh look at us, aren't we caring

We certainly won't let them terrorists get the attention they seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669