Post Match Newport County 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
International goalkeeper

Back 4 all of which have PL winners medals.

2 fans favourites in midfield.

An international winger

2 regular international forwards.

Goalkeeper who has barely played in the last couple of years. International for WALES. So is Hal Robson Kanu.

Ageing back 4, 3 of which have barely played this season

One fan favourite, and one unfit player who has played a handful of games in four years, in midfield.

A shit imitation of Mahrez on the wing. International?! Let’s not forget that Harry Panayiotou is an international player. Means **** all.

One forward who hasn’t scored in over a year, and another who is so bereft of confidence he looks worse than Carl Cort.

You can spin it however you want. It was a shit lineup.

International goalkeeper

Back 4 all of which have PL winners medals.

2 fans favourites in midfield.

An international winger

2 regular international forwards.

Chris Kirkland

Jeff Kenna
Pascal Cygan
Richie De Laet
Alex Buttner

Hossam Ghaly

Niklas Bendtner
Carl Cort

An international keeper, a back four with Premier League winners medals, an international winger and two international strikers...... Doesn't look like a wonder team does it? You can use as many spurious labels as you like but in reality, it doesn't mean much.

Chris Kirkland

Jeff Kenna
Pascal Cygan
Richie De Laet
Alex Buttner

Hossam Ghaly

Niklas Bendtner
Carl Cort

An international keeper, a back four with Premier League winners medals, an international winger and two international strikers...... Doesn't look like a wonder team does it? You can use as many spurious labels as you like but in reality, it doesn't mean much.

Doesn't look much of a team to me, considering there is only 8 players there.

So if you all think that lot are all a load of shite, why do you also expect that we should be finishing 7th in the PL?

Surely you can't finish 7th with a squad of shite who's fringe players (not even complete reserves) aren't even as good as a distinctly average League 2 side?

Goalkeeper who has barely played in the last couple of years. International for WALES. So is Hal Robson Kanu.

Ageing back 4, 3 of which have barely played this season

One fan favourite, and one unfit player who has played a handful of games in four years, in midfield.

A shit imitation of Mahrez on the wing. International?! Let’s not forget that Harry Panayiotou is an international player. Means **** all.

One forward who hasn’t scored in over a year, and another who is so bereft of confidence he looks worse than Carl Cort.

You can spin it however you want. It was a shit lineup.

Maybe we should sell them all and sign the Newport 11 instead?

And the 2 favourites I was referring to were Albrighton and Hamza - both according to most on here are our 2 best midfielders so surely that alone should have been enough to do a job against a League 2 side.

Chris Kirkland

Jeff Kenna
Pascal Cygan
Richie De Laet
Alex Buttner

Hossam Ghaly

Niklas Bendtner
Carl Cort

Do you need a wonder team to beat an average League 2 side?

Maybe we should sell them all and sign the Newport 11 instead?

And the 2 favourites I was referring to were Albrighton and Hamza - both according to most on here are our 2 best midfielders so surely that alone should have been enough to do a job against a League 2 side.
It was more a point that you can spin it however you want. You chose to spin it that the team we put out against Newport were a load of world beaters who could mix it up with the best teams in the world. Surprised we didn’t beat them in that case.

We played a team full of unfit/not in form/barely played a match (delete as appropriate) players, chucked them all together and expected them to form a cohesive, decent team. So yes, I probably would have the Newport first 11 who play together week in week out and are actually fit, compared to the bunch that we threw together.

If we played that team against them again this weekend, they’d beat us once more.

It was more a point that you can spin it however you want. You chose to spin it that the team we put out against Newport were a load of world beaters who could mix it up with the best teams in the world. Surprised we didn’t beat them in that case.

We played a team full of unfit/not in form/barely played a match (delete as appropriate) players, chucked them all together and expected them to form a cohesive, decent team. So yes, I probably would have the Newport first 11 who play together week in week out and are actually fit, compared to the bunch that we threw together.

If we played that team against them again this weekend, they’d beat us once more.
I doubt that the reason those players are in league 2 is because they cannot perform that way every week, we had enough chances to win the game and if that match was played with the same 11s this weekend we'd win, probably comfortably

Well the point I was making was that the 11 that started easily had enough ability to put away a League 2 side.

I never said 'the team we put out against Newport were a load of world beaters who could mix it up with the best teams in the world.'

Making things up like that makes you look a bit of a tit.

And you honestly think we would do better if we replaced those 11 players with the 11 that started for Newport?? I'm sure you'd be overjoyed if Claude started signing unknown League 2 players!

It wasn't. It was the spine of one as described by the quoted post.

I only left James out as I couldn't think of a way to describe him positively.

He's still more than good enough though and was an ideal way for him to get some proper match fitness under his belt.

He's still more than good enough though and was an ideal way for him to get some proper match fitness under his belt.
I couldn't quantify what you meant by 'fans favourites' and why this was either relevant or had anything at all to with ability.

I couldn't quantify what you meant by 'fans favourites' and why this was either relevant or had anything at all to with ability.

No one on here would argue against Albrighton or Hamza starting against anyone at the moment, let alone a lowly League 2 side.

Sorry Boc but this is not true. City Fan and Mike the True Blue along with a certain Pickwickian character warned about fielding a weakened side.

It is true that individually most of our players were better than theirs. However, they were a team; we should have picked a team.

I stand by what I said. There were plenty of people who disagreed and who, in the early part of the Match Thread, said that the selected side was good enough to do the job.

Your assertion that our individual players were better than theirs. On paper they may be but not surprisingly the game was played on grass. None of our players was better than any of theirs. This was not a team failure. Not a single of our players succeeded as an individual.

So, in other words we are happy to risk losing the tie?

If you add to James playing the fact that we had 2 out of form strikers playing meant we were risking an adverse result far more than we needed to.

No one on here would argue against Albrighton or Hamza starting against anyone at the moment, let alone a lowly League 2 side.
Correct. I was making a point about your sporadic use of labels to somehow justify quality however, I'm not sure what in the bollock yours is.

Some of the players are shit and the manager is shit.

We shit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758