Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Thais had done a pretty good job so far since they came to club, improvements on and off the pitch, fan relationship etc. I dont disagree with the fact that Erickson had to go but to get rid without having someone lined up looks a big mistake. His interview for SSN was far from convincing too.

So just nine wins in 27 Championship games since a 2-0 defeat at Cardiff in February last season and failure to win any back-to-back games in the league or win any Championship game in which we had fallen behind and failure to score in four of our past six games was a 'trigger happy' decision?

I'm not making a judgement on whether it was right or wrong to sack Sven, but from the point of view of an outsider the facts are simple - we are in a strong position to mount a promotion challenge from the Championship, yet the owners have pulled the trigger on the manager who has gotten us there. Don't get me wrong, we should be doing better and there have been some bad results this season, but why would Martin O'Neill risk his reputation by coming here under such pressure and risk tarnishing his reputation not only with this club, but as a football manager? He got off to a very slow start last time he was here and he certainly couldn't afford to do that again.

I'd argue that it'd be easier for him to go to a club like Sunderland or Blackburn and keep them in the Premier League. The job would be far more high profile, fulfills his desire to manage in the PL and the expectations would be less - at Leicester the pressure would be far greater and the reward not as great unfortunately. Plus, if he drops down a level and doesn't do well, he'll undo all of the good work he's done for his reputation over the past few years.

I think if we were in the PL he'd give us a go, but not in the Championship.

We've done the right thing dismissing Sven and if anyone owned the club with their own money they would have done the same.

Taken this from sports - thisisleicestershire article

Raksriaksorn has made it clear that appointing someone with knowledge of the Championship would be a major consideration.

"I believe the next manager has to be the guy who is right for the division, who knows the football and how they play in the Championship – and wins games, of course!" he said.
"I need someone who also has the passion to get us in the Premier League, a passion for the club, a passion for the fans and who has the same goal as me – to be the best."
Raksriaksorn said whoever he appoints will have the same challenge as Sven-Goran Eriksson – to get the team into the Premier League.

"Nothing changes there", he said. "You can see from what we have invested in the club, the squad, the Fanstore, the pitch and the training ground, that we are gearing things to be ready for the Premier League."

Raksriaksorn, whose father, Vichai, is club owner, said he hoped the Blue Army would continue to back him, even if some of the supporters disagreed with his decision to part company with Eriksson.

"Every decision I make is for the club and I believe it was the right one, and I hope the supporters will back us the same," said Raksriaksorn.

"We are taking 2,000 people to West Ham on Saturday and I will be happy to see them. We hope the next decision over the manager will be a very good one. Somebody will think it is wrong, somebody will think it is right, but I believe I have made the right decision for the club."

Cannot take anything away from Top and his father, of course the BM feel like it was terrible to get rid of Sven however i was shocked as well but i do agree with them. As stated Sven only got 9 wins in 27 games since Feb....Feb is when he really screwed up, we played the top teams and were in a comfortable position heading towards the play-offs, results didn't go our way and thing just did not pick up from there.

From what is said from the owners i think the most logical choice would be Billy Davies!!

More likely he's looked at the fact that we've just sacked our manager for being two points off the playoffs and 5 points off automatic promotion and decided that he doesn't want to derail his career by risking getting sacked by a couple of trigger happy owners.

With respect to everybody who thinks the sun shines out of his arse - he's unemployed.

How much more ****ing derailed can his career get?

I really am caught in two minds about this affair

Was it wrong to sack Sven? Arguments against this is that we were 2 points off playoffs/ rebuilding new squad/ hasn't had enough time/ knee jerk reactions etc etc

Was it right? Maybe if we had sacked Taylor earlier - say after the 0-5 at home to Bolton we might not have been relegated. Maybe if we had sacked Holloway earlier we might not have been relegated.

I really don't know
:101:

Taken this from sports - thisisleicestershire article

Cannot take anything away from Top and his father, of course the BM feel like it was terrible to get rid of Sven however i was shocked as well but i do agree with them. As stated Sven only got 9 wins in 27 games since Feb....Feb is when he really screwed up, we played the top teams and were in a comfortable position heading towards the play-offs, results didn't go our way and thing just did not pick up from there.

From what is said from the owners i think the most logical choice would be Billy Davies!!

Chris Powell leaves mid January and we go downhill from there, Sven wasn't the main problem, the lack of a decent first team coach was and still is.

When Sven came out with he doesn't know why we performed so badly against Millwall, weren't we already in a period of uncertainty?

Yep - I'd agree with that. The pattern with Sven was that we never seemed up to win the vital games that would have taken us to the next level. I'd have to assume that the players liked him but he found it difficult to motivate them - along with a playing style that seemed very predictable.

I guess I was hoping that MON would come back and sort it out. Clearly this was a delusion and I just worry now about the calibre of manager that we will attract. The SSN interview with our vice chairman didn't do anything to reassure that we will attract the best applicants.

With respect to everybody who thinks the sun shines out of his arse - he's unemployed.

How much more ****ing derailed can his career get?

Worse than that he's unemployed and has made sure that he will never get any of the big jobs he's always wanted by walking out (sometimes with good reason) of every club he's ever managed, his next job, if he takes one, will be at a smaller club than Villa.

Reading some of the posts, I get the impression that some are coming round to see Tops view.

Maybe if Sven didn't come across as such a nice bloke, he wouldn't have lasted so long.
Top n co are businessmen, football no longer belongs to the masses (hasn't for quite a while), it is a business.
I would've liked it to workout with SGE, as I believe that he could do well in the top league, but alas it's not going to happen.
Whoever comes in will get my full backing (unless of course it's Ince or Keane).
Personally, I'd like to see Di Matteo given the job. Wouldn't be upset with Billy Davies.

If Top wants someone who knows the second tier and how to get out of it, loves the club, is a City supporter look no further than our own prodigal son, Sir Gary of the Lineker :)

Reading some of the posts, I get the impression that some are coming round to see Tops view.

Maybe if Sven didn't come across as such a nice bloke, he wouldn't have lasted so long.
Top n co are businessmen, football no longer belongs to the masses (hasn't for quite a while), it is a business.
I would've liked it to workout with SGE, as I believe that he could do well in the top league, but alas it's not going to happen.
Whoever comes in will get my full backing (unless of course it's Ince or Keane).
Personally, I'd like to see Di Matteo given the job. Wouldn't be upset with Billy Davies.

If Top wants someone who knows the second tier and how to get out of it, loves the club, is a City supporter look no further than our own prodigal son, Sir Gary of the Lineker :)

Did i miss something......when did Lineker get a team promoted from the Championship?! ;)

Did i miss something......when did Lineker get a team promoted from the Championship?! ;)

He helped us get promoted from the second division when he was a player. So obviously he'd be perfect for the job.

And would provide great business for the local tanning salons, maybe Top's investing in them?

It makes sense in amy case. Why risk his near God status and his credibility if he failed here. It would mean the end.

I'm disappointed if he doesn't come back but my brain says it is for the best. I have great memories of him and what we achieved (on the pitch before Boc et al start!) at the time.For that, I will always thank him and think highly of him.

That was my brain............

My heart says you ****ing bottler.

Absolutely infuriating that they'd sacked the bloke without any idea of who would replace him.

It's right to get rid of a failing manager but it helps if you know that there is someone better available.

but to get rid without having someone lined up looks a big mistake.

Do you all know this to be the case or are you just having a 'knee jerk' reaction?

I think there will be an announcement before the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669