Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is she these days....?

Accidental pregnancy and an unsupportive partner led her into a life of selling herself for back alley publicity shots to the likes of Bernie. She can now be found behind the train station with her cubs hanging around her sporting glocks for 'protection'. True story.

Let it be known, I mean Vicky. I'm sure Yorkshire's was entirely planned and supported!

Last edited:
The Guardian says Kevin Keegan is interested.

Martin O'Neill considers shock return to Leicester City

• O'Neill concerned by club's treatment of Sven-Goran Eriksson
• Former Celtic manager would want guarantees of funds

Martin-ONeill-007.jpg
Martin O'Neill, seen here in 1998, is considering making a shock return to Leicester City. Photograph: Allsport

Martin O'Neill is weighing up the prospect of making a sensational return to Leicester City, 11 years after he left the Midlands club to join Celtic. The Northern Irishman, who has been out of work since he walked out on Aston Villa on the eve of last season, is eager to return to management and has not ruled out the possibility of going back to the club where he enjoyed five years of unprecedented success.
Although nothing is certain at this stage, Leicester will, at the very least, take encouragement from the fact that O'Neill has not dismissed the idea out of hand. It is understood that much is likely to depend on the assurances he receives from Leicester's Thai owners, in terms of not only the time he would be given to get things right but also the level of financial backing that would be made available to him should they reach the Premier League.
O'Neill is particularly concerned with the way that Sven-Goran Eriksson was treated. Although the Championship's biggest spenders failed to live up to their pre-season billing as promotion favourites, Leicester were only two points off the play-offs when Eriksson was told the club had run out of patience. O'Neill would want to be certain that there would be no snap judgments if he agreed to supplant the former England manager and failed to hit the ground running.
There would also need to be guarantees that the funds would be there to give him a reasonable chance of reprising his earlier achievements at the club, when Leicester won two League Cups, secured four top-10 finishes in the Premier League and qualified for Europe, between 1995 and 2000. Without significant support from the club's owners, O'Neill is acutely aware that he risks returning and tarnishing his reputation at a club where he is revered.
"It would be great to see him back in the game," said Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager who played under O'Neill at Leicester and at Celtic. "One of his old adages was that you never go back, but I think it is very, very tempting for him. There is a good foundation at Leicester and I think the Leicester fans would be more than thrilled to see him back because he had such success there."
With O'Neill's position very much in the balance – he could well decide to hold out for a Premier League job – Leicester are also looking at other options. Roy Keane, who won promotion from the Championship with Sunderland, would be interested in the post, his former Manchester United team-mate, Paul Ince, is also keen to be considered and, much more surprisingly, Kevin Keegan has declared an interest in applying. Avram Grant, Alan Curbishley and Billy Davies could also come under consideration.

Eriksson, meanwhile, has issued a statement through the League Managers Association, saying that he fully expects Leicester to reach the Premier League this term. "I have always thought, and still believe now, that the club will be promoted this season," said Eriksson.

Last edited:
The Sun thinks it might be Karl Robinson - they were the first to confirm that Sven had been sacked so may have some inside info.

[h=1]Karl Robinson in running for Leicester job[/h]
By ANDY HALLS
Published: 26 Oct 2011

Add a comment

[h=2]KARL ROBINSON is a surprise contender to succeed Sven Goran Eriksson at Leicester.[/h]The Football League's youngest manager, 31, has impressed after steering MK Dons into sixth place in League One.
And he joins fans' favourite and former boss Martin O'Neill as front-runners for the Foxes hotseat.
Ex-England chief Eriksson was sacked by the club on Monday night after barely a year in charge and having spent around £13million.

City's ambitious owners have now promised a giant transfer kitty of £20m to welcome the new manager.

Still no names to get me even approaching a semi.

Completely agree!

The appointment of MON would see us continuing to go forward, the rest I would see as a step back.

Also, can we all stop acting like Billy Davies is all of a sudden a great manager and somebody please point out that he has fallen out with the boards of not just Forest, but also Derby and Preston.

The Sun thinks it might be Karl Robinson - they were the first to confirm that Sven had been sacked so may have some inside info.

Look at the last man we got from MK Dons.
They're probably still laughing at us down at MK.

Sort of how I feel right now too.

That's how I feel too. This club needs stability we are never going to get it, too many managers in too short a time.
We are a joke right now and at the moment it's embarrassing.

Why not give Simon Bloody Cowell a go he has his fingers in most pies!!

Completely agree!

The appointment of MON would see us continuing to go forward, the rest I would see as a step back.

Also, can we all stop acting like Billy Davies is all of a sudden a great manager and somebody please point out that he has fallen out with the boards of not just Forest, but also Derby and Preston.

Whereas O'Neill .....

Completely agree!

Quite rightfully so. I would have him back tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670