Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this anti-Keane feeling. Reminds me of how most of the forum felt about Colin Wanker and yet now most of those realise we should have taken him.

All this anti-Keane feeling. Reminds me of how most of the forum felt about Colin Wanker and yet now most of those realise we should have taken him.

The dislike for Colin was because of the way he slagged off the club though not his managerial ability, I think we all recognise he's one of the best lower league managers ever. The dislike for Keane is based on his managerial ability.

The dislike for Colin was because of the way he slagged off the club though not his managerial ability, I think we all recognise he's one of the best lower league managers ever. The dislike for Keane is based on his managerial ability.

And the fact he's a ****.

I didn't want Pearson when he got the job and I thought Sven would be brilliant. What do I know? Whoever gets the job I'll still support the team and keep my fingers crossed.

He's only managed two clubs and didn't do too bad at one of them. Brendan Rodgers was pretty average at his first two clubs but is doing ok now.

Last edited:
Barry Fry could do a job.

He did make a proper dog's dinner of Ipswich. And I don't like the bloke.

That said, IF he came and IF he won games, I'd be alright with it.

I didn't want Pearson when he got the job and I thought Sven would be brilliant. What do I know? Whoever gets the job I'll still support the team and keep my fingers crossed.

Spot on

The exceptions being Paul Ince and Dennis Wise

And, most of all, Roy bastard Keane

Did I hear Stringer on the phone-in mention that someone had taken a photo of Lee Clark at a meeting in Loughborough.

Wasn't Cate meant to be staking out the Marriott. I'm sure she would have recognised who was with Mark Hughes, if in deed it was Mark Hughes.

Sorry MoFo, I couldn't be arsed. This whole saga is doing my head in.

I will support the next bloke whoever it is - wouldn't have it any other way and in the interest of balance I have given a lot of thought to the 'pros' of having Roy Keane as a manager. So far I have come up with..................

1. at least he's not Dennis Wise
2. er.....

Still working on it though !

To be honest, I'm a bit bored of it now. Que sera sera and I'll take it from there.

These all came from a rumours site.Nothing about Roy Keane

Unbelievable

As unbelievable as this sounds check it out, I have a man on the inside at Goodison Park and David Moyes is about to leave by mutual consent. Will be announced either Wednesday or Thursday.

01 Nov 2011 14:40:24
emile heskey is believed to be on his way back to leicester as a result of martin o'neils likely appointment as manager, he is believed to want to take up a coach roll upon retirement

31 Oct 2011 13:43:52
Bryan Robson to be interviewed for Leicester job. He is believed to have been involved in the 'sale' of Leicester with his Far Eastern contacts and was actually approached and declined before Sven was appointed.

31 Oct 2011 11:43:28
Charlton boss Chris Powell has rejected an offer an interview with his former club Leicester City. The former Foxes coach has decided to stick with the table topping Addicks

30 Oct 2011 21:50:53
Leicester held talks with Mark Hughes today but NO decision has yet been made. Permission to speak to Lee Clark will be asked for tomorrow and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also on the radar. Billy Davies hasn't been spoken to yet but could also hold talks tomorrow. Martin O'Neill still hasn't officially said no as he is pleased with the wage offered, transfer budget, ambition and has not been told no to any of his potential transfer targets but he hasn't received the job security assurances he wanted which is stopping anything progressing. New man likely to be unveiled on Wednesday or Thursday but could be at Burnley game on Tuesday

30 Oct 2011 20:54:46
expect mark hughes to be named new leicester city manager after the game on tuesday the deal has been done tonight, very solid source

30 Oct 2011 19:05:08
Mark Hughes at the leicester ground as we speak in talks solid source

30 Oct 2011 12:24:06
Kevin Keegan and huddersfield manager lee clarke will become manager/assistant of leicester city

Bloody hell Jeff I'm chasing this post around.:icon_wink
I deleted it from the first thread and put it on this thread as thats where I thought I was posting it. There is already a load of crap on here and I thought I would stick some of the stupid rumours all together and hope that this Roy Keane one is just as stupid. I HOPE. :icon_wink

I reckon your summing up of this rumours site is correct Jeff looking at this post below that was posted just before Svens sacking.

18 Oct 2011 18:38:33
there was a meeting between sven and steve mclaren 2day mclaren will be 1st team coach/manager sven will be director of football/chairman like top european teams do this way sven can still make key decisions but wont have to train and overlook the players as much and will run the whole club on a set budget
No wonder Sven got sacked

Last edited:
This is only my view, but I don't believe that Keane is the new man, I think this is a rumour that has been driven by bookies who know an announcement is imminent and are desperately trying to make some last minute money. Also if it was Keane I doubt he would be working as a pundit for ITV I would think he would have been in the stands at Turf Moor last night.

As for the new work there are so many out of work managers, that could have been in by now particularly when you consider how quickly Sven was appointed, for that reason I truly believe it is a manager currently in another job. my view is that Clarke is a smokescreen and that Pearson will be the man hence why nothing official has been announced given that Hull played last night. Would not be surprised to see things move today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669