Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing twat just had their text read out to the effect that if Keane was appointed they wouldn't go to the KP.

Well ****ing keep away you pile of shite. With 'fans' like you we are better off without.

People should feel free to make their protests in whatever way they choose. I understand that there's one City fan who hasn't bought a match programme for about 15 years on a principle long since forgotten by everybody else.

Last edited:
A certain footballers father in law has posted on foxes talk that it is not Keane coming in. Has not said who it is going to be though.

Skybet have had betting all through the night since SGE was axed. No odds currently on offer.....?

I agree that on the face of it, we could do a lot better than Keane. However, I do remember watching the snow game last year with Sven all wrapped up shivering and generally looking bewildered on the touchline whilst Keane stood there with that stare. His players certainly performed that night. Whatever the reasons why it didn't work out at Ipswich, I still think that he's got 'something' as a boss and may well go on to do a really good job somewhere. He's probably had preliminary talks with the club and he probably wants the job. This doesn't mean he'll get it though.

For what it's worth, I think the club are probably talking to several candidates at the moment to ascertain the direction to go in. Just as you'd want them to. The departure of Sven was probably the result of the owners requesting he 'move upstairs' and he refuse to rather than knee jerk sacking. Hence the 'void'.

I think the Clark link is cobblers generated by Clark's desire to have the job rather than our desire for him. I think the new manager may turn out to be a surprise compared to the names banded about over recent days. With just one game in the next 19 days, I don't see the need to panic or rush this now. They need to take their time, and get the right man.

We need a high(ish) profile name to continue the improvement in stature we've enjoyed over the last 12 months. For that reason, I'm still looking at MON, Hughes and Keegan in that order. The longer the delay before an appointment is made, the more likely it is that we're going to get one of these. Despite rumours suggesting a lack of interest from MON and Hughes, money talks and these owners have a habit of getting what they want.

For the record, I think getting us promoted will be the easy bit for the next boss. The real challenge will be establishing us in the Premier League. For that reason, I discount 'Championship' managers like Jones, Davies and Pearson.

What is clear is that there are no leaks from these owners. In all honesty, nobody has a scooby doo what they're thinking or planning. And that's good. Everything the bookies or papers or twitter or forums have come up with is supposition and guesswork. Just like this post. We may all be miles off the mark. However, I do have faith in the owners and their ability to come up with the right call and I trust that we'll mostly be pleasantly surprised by the ultimate decision that they make.

Skybet have had betting all through the night since SGE was axed. No odds currently on offer.....?

With how much the odds had crashed on Roy Keane though, that was probably just logical. That much movement in the evening, they'd have been worried what was going to happen overnight even if they didn't have any info.

A big part of the odds coming down is probably from people hearing the odds are coming down and deciding to jump on it because it must be happening...

Keane = fergie links, man u loan players to us. Promotion

Rumours on Twitter that a press conference has been called for 10am...

They're saying it's on SSN, so not sure if Sky have said something?

Please no.

Last edited:
I doubt they'd call a press conference with only an hours notice, the only 'press' they'd get at it would be the mercury and stringer.

Forgot he's in Spain... makes me feel a bit better!

It's probably just crap on Twitter anyway, I just wondered if anyone had seen it on SSN.

Keane is 6/1 with #####

Last edited by a moderator:
Odds back open and if it is Keane at 10am (which I highly doubt as he's in Spain) then grab yourself some easy cash. 3/1 with Paddy Power and Ladbrokes.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/leicester-specials/next-permanent-manager

Keane now 6/4 with Ladbrokes. Expect some money has been chucked on early doors after the Daily Mail story.

3/1 with William Hill and 4/1 with Stan James.

Lee Clark still very much the odds on favourite. 8/15 is the best price.

Credit to Top, Whelan and Neville. If they have decided on who the new manager is, they have certainly been able to keep a tight lid on it during negotiations. Not even 'Bert' knows!

I hope Ole Gunnar Solskjær gets the job.

Just so BM can get really pissed off with all the attempted spelling by the TB faithful.

Odds don't really mean anything though, do they? people just lay money on the names they see in the paper and when that picks up pace they get named favourites for the job. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone completely out of the blue turn up.

Odds don't really mean anything though, do they? people just lay money on the names they see in the paper and when that picks up pace they get named favourites for the job. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone completely out of the blue turn up.

blue-man-head.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670