Speculation Next Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next manager will be... Nigel Pearson! 'Cos I don't think he's been sacked... :icon_eek:

Red on the head
Better in bed

Considering that our current situation is 'well and truly ****ed' there might be something in this as a recruitment strategy.

He may well be a superb manager with a drawer full of medals but has everyone forgotten that Chris Powell is black? How could anyone take us seriously with a curly black-headed manager, for crying out loud?

Can anyone explain what is the difference between the above?
Is it that Chris Powell isn't a ginge, hence he's got a soul?

Last edited:
Okay, given the situation and the pretty dreadful options available to us, we have to at least give this a go.

Firstly, why on earth would MON, happily semi-retired in a very cushy role, throw that away for a probable hiding to nothing. Unless he doesn't like being Ireland manager, this has no chance of happening.

After that, some of the people on the odds list are ridiculous. In fact, almost all of them are. Keegan? FFS. And Laudrup is not a good manager.

There is the option of looking to one of our senior players or backroom staff. I can't see anyone that has given any indication of being worthy of the role. This would be a stupid decision. So would going for a foreign option with no experience of English football.

The only name that I can imagine having a positive impact is Lennon. You can dismiss his record at Celtic all you like, but he delivered as well as anyone there. He's also moved to a tragic Bolton team without a penny and done exceptionally well. He joined them when they'd played 11 games and were rock bottom with 5 points. In his 18 league games, he's picked up 29 points. He's been prepared to do unorthodox things and doesn't care about how he does it. I like this. He'd also be the right sort of character if we do go down, to shake things up and get us going again. The other factor is that he'd have the fans behind him and he knows the club well.

Yes, it's Lennon for me.

Sorry BN, any credibility pissed away for me.

That's a bit harsh, if the job really were open, I'd say Lennon was the best option of those I saw listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bit harsh, if the job really were open, I'd say Lennon was the best option of those I saw listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, when you consider the manner in which BN has spoken about NP in the past regarding his character and approach, and then he says he wants Lennon because......

'He's been prepared to do unorthodox things and doesn't care about how he does it. I like this'

It's basically Pearson he's talking about, plus take into account some of the recent touchline behavior and comments from Lennon and you basically have the same manager as the one we currently have. The main difference being without the record of doing exactly what we will need to do fairly soon, perform in the Championship.

Looks like Brentford's manager is more available than anyone might have thought. There truly are some idiots running football clubs.

He'll be off to Real Madrid at some stage.

Think he would be ideal for their playing style.

Also they have got a few players who are too big for their boots and need to be benched or even dropped for a bit - he will likely take some good honest lads with him like Nugent and Vardy to get the ethos and work ethic right.

I'm a patient man: I can take delayed gratification! :icon_bigg

Why would you be gratified if he left? That would imply you would like us to fail?

Unless, of course, you are hoping that he does so well that a bigger club snaps him up. Something tells me this isn't what you mean though.

I do find some people's views strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570