Next manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Wagner is appointed I cannot wait for the threads complaining about how cringe the Dortmund esc post game stuff is

WTF is wrong with people.....

Top quality and Wenger are not related, not for the last 10 ****ing years.

He's failed miserably at a club with the resources of Arsenal in the recent past, why the flying **** would the old bleeder turn that on its head here?

Wenger, Pearson.......**** this for a laugh

In the last 10 years they've won 3 FA Cups, and 3 Community Shields. Sure, maybe that's not good enough for Arsenal but a.) we're not feckin Arsenal and b.) Arsenal are considerably less rich than those they are competing against for domestic silverware i.e. Chelsea, Man City, Man U. They are famously tight for a top club. Nevermind the fact he'd finished top 4 every season for 20 years consecutively.

He'd be a far better choice than someone who has achieved basically naff all and in his only premier league season - achieved pretty much exactly what Pearson did in his with us. Yet somehow he's the next messiah and Pearson would be a horror show? ****ing deluded...

Pearson had far more financial backing and a stronger squad to start with than Wagner has had with Huddersfield. The two just aren’t comparable. Pearson underachieved with the newly promoted team. We remain the worst performing of any side who won the second tier with as many points as we did. The last nine games disguise just how terrible we were for most of that season.

Huddersfield have barely, if ever, been in the bottom three this season. When Wagner was brought in they were minded more with staying away from the bottom three in the second tier. He has overachieved massively just to get them up. He is overachieving to have them anywhere but bottom of the league by a country mile. If he keeps them up he has done a better job with Huddersfield than Pearson did here.

Mate, he did that.......with Huddersfield.
WTF is wrong with people.....

Top quality and Wenger are not related, not for the last 10 ****ing years.

He's failed miserably at a club with the resources of Arsenal in the recent past, why the flying **** would the old bleeder turn that on its head here?

Wenger, Wagner, Wanker (Colin) .... there's only one winner there.

People always go a bit mental when we're looking for a new manager
It will get a lot worse over the next few weeks, and then we can all have a good laugh/moan/cry when we found out who it is they have actually appointed

Pearson FFS. Give me strength

Yeah why we would want someone who took us from League One to 14th in the Premier League, whilst completely transforming the club behind the scenes in terms of sports science etc, and playing a big part in building the foundations that led to our Premier League title win, is beyond me.

Let’s get in some duffer like Marco Silva instead.

Yeah why we would want someone who took us from League One to 14th in the Premier League, whilst completely transforming the club behind the scenes in terms of sports science etc, and playing a big part in building the foundations that led to our Premier League title win, is beyond me.

Let’s get in some duffer like Marco Silva instead.

14th in the Premier League is his highest finish anywhere. If Wagner isn’t proven enough for where we are now then neither in Pearson. The club is no longer looking to improve from its lowest point. It is looking to build on its most successful and well funded era.

14th in the Premier League is his highest finish anywhere. If Wagner isn’t proven enough for where we are now then neither in Pearson. The club is no longer looking to improve from its lowest point. It is looking to build on its most successful and well funded era.
don't bother some people will never accept that Pearson isn't the right man like they will never look at the players for downing tools again

Yes true, but finding a proven top 8 Premier League manager is easier said than done.

Yes true, but finding a proven top 8 Premier League manager is easier said than done.
So we should want one that has proven he can't get top 8 or even handle the pressure associated with premier league football without acting like a complete nutcase?

So we should want one that has proven he can't get top 8 or even handle the pressure associated with premier league football without acting like a complete nutcase?
Seems like a plan to me.

Wagner has also proven he can't get in the top 8. I personally prefer someone who is more hot headed than the other end of the spectrum that we have now - someone who is soft as shit, although admittedly Pearson was far too hot headed/stubborn for his own good and that was one of his weaknesses.

For the record I don't back Pearson or Wagner to be our next manager.

Proven he can’t get top 8? Well yes ok he has proven he can’t get top 8 first time round with a promoted team, I agree.

And why would the way he acts bother you? It didn’t bother the players, in fact I would argue he partly did it to deflect negative attention away from his players. And it clearly didn’t bother the owners as they’ve employed him again.

Look I get why some people wouldn’t want him back, and to be honest he’s not my first choice. But I think his reputation on here is ridiculous at best and disrespectful at worst. The mere mention of his name is often met with disgust, like he’s the worst manager we’ve ever had. He left us in a much better place in both spells he has had here, and apart from Ranieri he’s our most successful manager in the last 16 years. His teams were extremely well organised and the players knew exactly what they needed to do - a far cry from what we’re seeing at the moment.

Actually let’s get in Cambiasso - we all know it was actually him who managed us during the last 9 games in the great escape season.

Proven he can’t get top 8? Well yes ok he has proven he can’t get top 8 first time round with a promoted team, I agree.

And why would the way he acts bother you? It didn’t bother the players, in fact I would argue he partly did it to deflect negative attention away from his players. And it clearly didn’t bother the owners as they’ve employed him again.

Look I get why some people wouldn’t want him back, and to be honest he’s not my first choice. But I think his reputation on here is ridiculous at best and disrespectful at worst. The mere mention of his name is often met with disgust, like he’s the worst manager we’ve ever had. He left us in a much better place in both spells he has had here, and apart from Ranieri he’s our most successful manager in the last 16 years. His teams were extremely well organised and the players knew exactly what they needed to do - a far cry from what we’re seeing at the moment.

Actually let’s get in Cambiasso - we all know it was actually him who managed us during the last 9 games in the great escape season.
On the flip side to all of that, let's not forget how extrodinarily shit we were up until the last 9 games. We were absolutely appalling and lacked any direction or focus.... sound familiar? I've had enough of that this season thanks, I really couldn't cope with more of it next season only with added ****ing lunacy.

It’s ****ing depressing.

It really shouldn’t be that s difficult should it?

I firmly believe it pretty much boils down to people skills and being able to understand how to bring the best out of individuals and teams, some need carrots, some need sticks, some need both.

Get them right and you are heading in the right direction.

It’s ****ing depressing.

It really shouldn’t be that s difficult should it?

I firmly believe it pretty much boils down to people skills and being able to understand how to bring the best out of individuals and teams, some need carrots, some need sticks, some need both.

Get them right and you are heading in the right direction.

Exactly. It's not that hard to be a good football manager. To do it quite as badly as Puel or Shakespeare takes some doing. It's actually quite tricky to be that useless.

The owners haven't helped with their peculiar desire for continuity. They insisted Ranieri kept Shakespeare and that Puel kept Appleton. This is wrong. They also have a semi-detached recruitment team led by mystery man Macia which means that it is very difficult to know who is responsible for our recruitment strategy. All this does is undermine the position of the manager.

The new manager must be somebody that would never join given the conditions attached to his three predecessors. He should be given freedom to totally refresh the backroom staff. He should come in with a fresh approach and a clear direction. Then I'd be on the bus with him if any players didn't want to give their all for him.

We need a strong personality and someone with a strong desire to prove himself and achieve success. We should then give him net £75m in the summer and allow him to do what he wants.

I think that it is an incredibly attractive job to be offered the 7th highest wage bill in England together with loads of proven quality players and loads of money to spend. As long as the owners learn from their mistakes and are bold, this should be a great moment for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263