Next Manager

Benitez seems to be the best option (hopefully) available to us. He has the experience to give us an outside chance of remaining in the Premiership and could put together a team to get us back, if the likely relegation were to occur.

Experienced mercenary that's probably negotiated a multi-million pound bonus if we stay up. Which would be worth every penny.

I can't think of a better option.

Honestly think he's a bit underrated at the minute thanks to a pretty disastrous time at Everton. His credentials are superb when you look at what he's won throughout his career, arguably he's actually a step up from Rodgers. I'm not overly fond of his defensive brand of football but given our defending has been atrocious and bordering on slapstick at times for the best part of 18 months, he's just the kind of manager we need right now to try and stabilise the ship.

Surprised at this considering he plays a completely different style to Rodgers and Puel.

But needs must.

As I recall it (so it's probably wrong) he kept Newcastle up for a few seasons.... and I remember them being utterly shite at the time.

Surprised at this considering he plays a completely different style to Rodgers and Puel.

But needs must.
That’s no bad thing. Anyway, as you say we need someone through the door.

Wonder what his conditions on taking the job will be. Knowing Benitez, there will be many….and I don’t blame him!

Very few managers available with his experience. It will be grim but that’s probably what we need.

Will be interesting to see if we are trying to get him to drop to the Championship if we go down.

What a load of shit. We are truly ****ed.

So no one wants the job basically??
Appears that way. If he is preferred over Rafa, Marsch, Ralph even Pearson or O’Neill then we are even madder than I thought.

He’s the only one willing to take it. I suppose they are thinking having Shakey around might help….but let’s be serious. This is appalling.

Yep, Vardy up front on his own for the rest of the season it is.

Grim prospect all round.

So no one wants the job basically??
That's kinda my thinking. Or they want it at a price we can't afford (either in terms of wages or conditions)

We've become a laughing stock. Foo'king incredible how inept we appear. All this time, I thought our bosses kept a low profile because that's the way they rolled.... now I'm starting to think they really hadn't much of a clue and speaking would just reveal that.

I am coming to the conclusion that Top is sadly out of his depth. I don't think we really know what we're doing at board level, and haven't for a number of years. We've been riding the wave and hoping the inactivity signalled a 'steady as she goes' control when we've been seemingly oblivious to the problems arising.

What! I was getting excited for Rafa, and then next page it's Dean Smith nailed on?

Stop doing this to me. I want Rafa

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564