Next permanent manager

Just about anyone soon works for me. There's a lot to be getting on with and the sooner we can get someone in place, the sooner we can get a squad together. I'd rather have a manager in place for that even if it's not strictly necessarily.

Word on the street someone on twitter said Potter's sacking from Chelsea stipulated that he can't have a PL job for 12 months. I don't buy that myself but there you go, we're allowed to post bollocks. Encouraged in fact.

Word on the street someone on twitter said Potter's sacking from Chelsea stipulated that he can't have a PL job for 12 months. I don't buy that myself but there you go, we're allowed to post bollocks. Encouraged in fact.

I believe his stint at Chelsea probably should prevent him getting a PL job for a while. Then again, Pardew etc etc

I believe his stint at Chelsea probably should prevent him getting a PL job for a while. Then again, Pardew etc etc
He did a great job at Chelsea. Fat Frank has shown that

He did a great job at Chelsea. Fat Frank has shown that
Or, he was replaced by a man so bad he could make Potter look good.

Guess we'll find out if many get their wish. He could do well here... but I have a funny feeling in my waters. Then again, I've had that ever since alex and I....

Or, he was replaced by a man so bad he could make Potter look good.

Guess we'll find out if many get their wish. He could do well here... but I have a funny feeling in my waters. Then again, I've had that ever since alex and I....

Or, he was so bad that he created an impossible job for an interim to come in and fix it at the end of the season

I don't think that's the case.

But I've got a couple of Chelsea supporting friends who do (although Lampard is also shit).

I'd take Potter in a heartbeat though - think he was set up to fail at Chelsea with how they've handled their transfer policy.

According to The Sun journalist Alan Nixon , City have ‘contacted’ Potter for a second time in a bid to try and appoint him and their new manager. The report says that the club are ‘willing to throw big money’ in order to try and convince him to join.

OK. I'll just put everything here.

I'd be absolutely fine with Potter.

The Chelsea thing never made any sense. I'd say I was amazed that he took it, but that wouldn't be accurate. They obviously slung a shitload of money at him & it's a huge job at a major club. Any manager would aspire to it.

I was just sceptical. He seemed completely the wrong type. He's a builder. Slow & steady, get his philosophy across, build an identity etc. Completely the opposite of what a Chelsea board or Chelsea fanbase wants. They're a " big club " They want to win the Prem now & the CL next year. However unrealistic that is & how far away from it they are. Potter was never going to deliver that because ****ing nobody is !

Thay bought in a long term project manager then sacked him after a few months.

Batshit.

& of course, they've now compounded it...by bringing in the ultimate long term project manager in Pochettino. Utterly weird.

Here's the thing though. As far as I understand it, the way Brighton works is that the manager/head coach tells them what type of players they need for certain positions. Then the data guys identify the players that fit those positions & that they can afford & go after them. The manager doesn't identify targets. He can suggest I'm sure, but unless it fits the data it doesn't happen.

All of that means that if Potter comes here, our recruitment & analysis departments need a complete overhaul as well. Our recruitment has been ****ing dogshit.

No point having Potter if the other bits of the jigsaw don't come too.

Gerrard linked

Kill me

It will be one of Smith, Gerrard, Parker or Lampard imo.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463