Next permanent manager

**** right off.

Not you lf, no messenger shooting here, I mean the story. It's laughable innit? innit?? :/

Does make you wonder where this shit comes from, doesn't it? I mean, I get that the club might cast the net wide (under the circumstances it makes sense) and indeed even indulge in a little smoke screening but christ on a bike, OGS?? In what world (or more to the point, whose world?) does that have any credibility.

I find it incredible that we finished the season without best and worst case scenario in place and managers for each.
To be fair, we may well have done that.

We obviously can't actually give anyone the job in advance though, or even sound them out. We can only do that when the scenario unfolds, so there will always be an element of lag. It's not like a mid season dismissal where you might have a new manager lined up and ready to go.

We do have an amount of time on our side (albeit not a huge amount) Tbh, I'm actually quite chilled about it now. I see it as the club taking the time to assess the options and (hopefully) make a considered decision.

To be fair, we may well have done that.

We obviously can't actually give anyone the job in advance though, or even sound them out. We can only do that when the scenario unfolds, so there will always be an element of lag. It's not like a mid season dismissal where you might have a new manager lined up and ready to go.

We do have an amount of time on our side (albeit not a huge amount) Tbh, I'm actually quite chilled about it now. I see it as the club taking the time to assess the options and (hopefully) make a considered decision.
There you go again. What is it with you and these well written, sensible, logical posts? It's a ****ing disgrace.

This is not the forum for the likes of you.

There you go again. What is it with you and these well written, sensible, logical posts? It's a ****ing disgrace.

This is not the forum for the likes of you.
Shit. Sorry... ****.

Can I stay now?

Nah, I get the anxiousness people have with getting a new manager in. Indeed, I share some of it and have to back myself off (back, not jack) from time to time. I know it's kind of not the done thing here to trust the club, I get that, but I don't quite get the willingness to translate everything in the most negative of perspectives. I thought it's simply what we do here, a kind of gallows humour (in which I indulge in occasionally) and I don't take it too seriously.

I figure we'll muddle our way through. We'll have a manager and a team ready to go come kick off day. That's when the bit that really interests me starts. Then I'll become irrational and ranty again over performances etc. Normal service will be resumed.

Shit. Sorry... ****.

Can I stay now?

Nah, I get the anxiousness people have with getting a new manager in. Indeed, I share some of it and have to back myself off (back, not jack) from time to time. I know it's kind of not the done thing here to trust the club, I get that, but I don't quite get the willingness to translate everything in the most negative of perspectives. I thought it's simply what we do here, a kind of gallows humour (in which I indulge in occasionally) and I don't take it too seriously.

I figure we'll muddle our way through. We'll have a manager and a team ready to go come kick off day. That's when the bit that really interests me starts. Then I'll become irrational and ranty again over performances etc. Normal service will be resumed.
Perfect.

Shit. Sorry... ****.

Can I stay now?

Recent history might be the cause of that.

Remember when we kept a manager who was clearly uninterested in and gave a contract to his shit scout friend, as well as him completely alienating a world class defender?
Then getting relegated?

I definitely do not trust the decisions of Jon Rudkin.

That said I'm the same - when the new season starts I'll be interested. Shit though relegation is, it does mean we play some very different teams ranging from quite large to very small. Should be refreshing.

I definitely do not trust the decisions of Jon Rudkin.
You're certainly not alone with that one. Though tbh, I haven't got a scooby what he does. I mean, sure, I know what his job title is but I'm in absolutely no position to gauge whether he's inept at what he does. There's a lot being pinned on him and I think that's largely assumption over his role in the shit that's befallen us. He's certainly hanging on to his job at a time when it'd be expedient to let someone take the fall, rightly or wrongly. We'll see.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663