Next season expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing out on top 4 after being so close again is disappointing, but I'd made my peace with it and I'm still happy with the season.

We won our first FA Cup, which by itself is huge. And we finished 5th for the second year in a row, something which very few (including most of us) expected after the end of last season. And we didn't fall away in the style of last year; we just ran out of steam after far too many injuries and players playing through injury.

There's people saying we've wasted our best chance for CL football and won't get that again. But didn't everyone say that last summer?

We're now establishing ourselves as the 5th best team in the league. We improved on last year. We have pulled ahead of Arsenal and Spurs, and I think will stay there for now too.

I have too main concerns going into next season:
- we have to keep Youri
- has Vardy still got it?

I actually don't think Youri will go. I think he likes it here, knows he wants first team football, and the teams he'd go either can't guarantee that (Man City) or won't have the money to afford him.

Vardy is a bigger concern. He's been far from his best this season. Even in the early part of the season, penalties covered up a lack of goals from open play. He's still been an important part but we need him to find better form. I just hope the second half of this season is due to too many games, lack of fitness and carrying injury rather than age starting to impact him.

My expectation for next season is to cement at least 5th again. Competing at the top level doesn't come overnight, despite it almost being that way for us. Hopefully we can get 4th but 5th should be the target, along with a good run in the Europa League.

I hope a better paced season and proper pre-season and a few quality additions will make a huge difference.

Bin off the cups early. Even the FA Cup. Winning it this season meant the world, but I'd rather focus on Europa and league position next season and we can't compete on all fronts.

Now that I've calmed down a bit I don't feel that bad about missing out. The way it played out was hard to take but we really should have wrapped it up sooner by not falling apart against poor quality teams far too often. The thing that stings is that the media will now be reminding us every week about the "Leicester nearly men" despite the fact we have just won the FA Cup.

But **** them, we have just won the FA Cup. Big teams always try to win it when their league season is poor because it still holds a lot of value and patches up their reputation somewhat. For us it meant so much more than that, not only sentimentally but to show we are growing as a club. I'm nervous about our ability to hold onto Rodgers and Tielemans, but overall I'm excited to see how we will improve the team next season and what a less insane fixture list will look like.

The evidence that 5th next season would be an excellent outcome once again.

I'd take 5th next season. Preferably not in the same fashion as the last 2 though. I wasn't a fan of having the fa cup before the league finished but thank feck it was....

I wonder how much we're paying absolute bobbins like Amartey, Under and Gazelle. Shift the likes them, the retiring stars and find some money down the back of the sofa and decent improvements could be made. That said it could just be Ryan Smashing-Bunch-Of-Lads Bertrand that we've been missing. Worth a punt on winning the prem next season.

I wonder how much we're paying absolute bobbins like Amartey, Under and Gazelle. Shift the likes them, the retiring stars and find some money down the back of the sofa and decent improvements could be made. That said it could just be Ryan Smashing-Bunch-Of-Lads Bertrand that we've been missing. Worth a punt on winning the prem next season.

Hopefully we can at least get a decent fee for Thomson as he's done well on loan.

Not definitive, but a good gauge. I'd be a bit shocked if Youri was accurate but nothing else on there is too surprising.

No expectations here in terms of where we have to finish. What I’d like to see is the squad being strengthened with quality. We lost out because of a strength in depth problem. We need to improve in nearly every position IMO. We need a central defender, a left back, a winger, and a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3774
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3962
7Hull City3859
8Coventry City3858