Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of them are proven in the Championship? One as far as I can tell - and he is now a few years older.
How many of the forwards in the championship at the moment have come to their clubs with proven championship experience?

Spose it's time to start another one of these as they seem to be picking up some speed at the minute.

Aside from Cox being a done deal, footy rumours is today saying we are signing Danny Mills for £250k from Man City.

Also listed on one of the 606 pages yesterday that we have signed Lambert and Stuart Campbell for a combined £1.1m from Brizzle

Is it a 'done deal'? I'm aware of the speculation... but have there been reliable sources that say this is a very likely signing? I would be pleased if he came here btw!

Last edited:
Cox would be a class signing but Danny Mills! Seriously the guy is an absolute nut case who I would not want to see here. A team with Danny Mills and Lee Hughes in were going to be loved next season!

Cox would be a class signing but Danny Mills! Seriously the guy is an absolute nut case who I would not want to see here. A team with Danny Mills and Lee Hughes in were going to be loved next season!

Cox is unproven though, and doesn't fit your 24 year old profile

Just like when we had Walsh, Savage, Dickov. I seem to remember under ONeill we finished bottom of the "fair play" league pretty much every season and got fined regularly for it :icon_lol:

Nothing wrong with a few annoying (for the other side) hard players, frustrates the opposition, that being said i havent sene Danny Mills play for years, so he may well be past it though didnt he play for England first choice in one tournament? 2002 or something and he looked solid at international level from what i remember

Edit: i meant Sav, Walshie and Dickov separately, i know they never played together

Last edited:
Just like when we had Walsh, Savage, Dickov. I seem to remember under ONeill we finished bottom of the "fair play" league pretty much every season and got fined regularly for it :icon_lol:

Not my memory including didn't we almost get into Europe once on the basis of our having the lowest or second lowest bookings and red cards? :102:

Hopefully its Matthew not Danny Mills were after. Priorities IMO are:

1. Decide which goalkeeper we want to buy
2. Agree deals for Gilbert and Hobbs
3. 2 central midfielders ball-winner and creative
4. Back-up or replacement for Howard Fryatt and Mattock
5.Get rid of deadwood or uninterested players

From knowitall on FT (gets most things correct)

"Three other clubs have contacted Liverpool ( so Liverpool tell us ) intrested in signing Jack. This is the reason I believe Liverpool leaked Leicester's offer.
Today I bumped into Jack Hobbs agent has he was going into see NP and Milan. fingerscrossed.gif

Wayne Brown has signed a new two year contract with Leicester. So welcome Wayne.

Paul Henderson will go back to Oz but has yet not got a club.

Conrad Logan will not play for Leicester while NP is in charge.

Leicester where in talks to get Kerrea Gilbert. We wanted either to loan him again or buy him. This is now on hold to see how his injury goes."

"Three other clubs have contacted Liverpool ( so Liverpool tell us ) intrested in signing Jack. This is the reason I believe Liverpool leaked Leicester's offer.
Today I bumped into Jack Hobbs agent has he was going into see NP and Milan. fingerscrossed.gif

Wayne Brown has signed a new two year contract with Leicester. So welcome Wayne.

Leicester where in talks to get Kerrea Gilbert. We wanted either to loan him again or buy him. This is now on hold to see how his injury goes."

Welcome to Wayne Brown then. Know it alls rumours have always been correct so i'll take that.

Not surprised Liverpool have leaked the bid for Hobbs. They'll try and get a 1 million bid i reckon.

Cheerio Henderson. Thanks and all the best. Hope someone picks you up in Oz. IMO you never let us down and didn't get a fair crack at being number 1. This year when he got a run i thought it was gonna be him as our main keeper.

Cheerio Conrad Logan. - Too fat son. Lose some weight and a club will pick you up. Sounds like he may have an attitude problem too.

Gilbert - I'd rather just take him on loan again. still not convinced.

Out of interest what was the last rumour he got correct? Everyone who quotes him says he is reliable but I can't remember the last one that came about

If we get pipped to Hobbs I will be livid. He is playing here now though and he seem to be enjoying himself so hopefully we will be his first choice if a bid gets accepted.

Brown looks class. Poor distrubution but as a defender he is no nonsense and is as hard as nails at the back. Isn't he Becchio ?!?!

Goodbye Henderson, good shot stopper but poor at kicking.

Logan - Fat

Gilbert isn't bad. Would be a decent signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669