Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted on another forum...

'An MK fan posting about Leicester transfer news may be a bit odd, but I thought I'd share the news that Kelvin Davis is likely to be one of your goalkeepers next season'.

'An MK fan posting about Leicester transfer news may be a bit odd, but I thought I'd share the news that Kelvin Davis is likely to be one of your goalkeepers next season'.

I called this in the 'championship what next?' thread the other day- would be a good no 1 for us with Martin or Stockdale as backup.
This looks even more likely with what the league has done to Southampton.....oh dear, poor saints!

From Mandy in the Merc

“We are looking for five or six players and we are having discussions along that plan with Nigel and his staff.

I think we need more than that personally... I can see why they don't want to bring in loads, but if Hobbs, Brown and 2 keepers (that we've possibly already had) are included in that, then that means really only 2 new players almost...

And I think we need at least 1 new centre mid, 2 new strikers, and a right back.
Unless they aren't counting loan signings as new signings, or signing the players who have already been here on loan.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|8130262242009694136531

From Mandy in the Merc

I think we need more than that personally... I can see why they don't want to bring in loads, but if Hobbs, Brown and 2 keepers (that we've possibly already had) are included in that, then that means really only 2 new players almost...

And I think we need at least 1 new centre mid, 2 new strikers, and a right back.
Unless they aren't counting loan signings as new signings, or signing the players who have already been here on loan.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|8130262242009694136531

Maybe we can only afford 5/6 new players?

Someone mention Joey?

Cox is out of our hands....:)

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray will increase his efforts to sign Swindon striker Simon Cox, who is also a target for Derby, Leicester and QPR. (The Sun)

There could be bargains to be had at Southampton (pending appeal)
Obviously NP knows the players well im sure there will be future rumours , not sure which players though ( Davies Surman and McGoldrick are ok)

Torquay? Carlisle? Newcastle? Hereford? Scunthorpe? Southend? Peterborough, West Ham? :102:

(Yes I know who you mean Steven. Not getting at you but it bugs me when people refer to United as if there was only one!!)

Well Hartlepools were the original and best?

Would be an excellent signing, forgot all about the Pearson-Southampton connection!

Are you telling us you have Cox in your hands? Each to their own.

Not me, was thinking about other forum members.......:icon_wink

But I don't want an infraction so I won't name names!

Kelvin Davis has had a great season at southampton, he pretty much won every award that ws going for Southampton this season. Would be very happy for him to come here.

As for raiding Southampton they don't have any decent defenders apart from a young wing back called Lloyd James who is a hot prospect at the Southampton.

They have a couple of good midfielders e.g McGoldrick, Lallana and Schniderlin who are all young and look good whenever I have seen them.

Up front they are very poor Saganowski isn't bad but the rest of their striker are bad !

They have a couple of good midfielders e.g McGoldrick, Lallana and Schniderlin who are all young and look good whenever I have seen them.

Isn't that Andrew Surman kid supposed to be pretty good too?

Kelvin Davis has had a great season at southampton, he pretty much won every award that ws going for Southampton this season. Would be very happy for him to come here.

As for raiding Southampton they don't have any decent defenders apart from a young wing back called Lloyd James who is a hot prospect at the Southampton.

Up front they are very poor Saganowski isn't bad but the rest of their striker are bad !

McGoldrick and Lallana are both strikers... :icon_roll Plus, Bradley Wright-Phillips isn't bad when he's not out on the rob.

I heard someone at the game say that we were going to sign Bale because of Pearson's Southampton connection - obviously not realising that Bale had left before Pearson arrived!

McGoldrick and Lallana are both strikers... :icon_roll Plus, Bradley Wright-Phillips isn't bad when he's not out on the rob.

Err Lallana and McGoldrick normally play attackig midfiel I have been to about 5 Saitns gamest this season because I know someone who has a spare ST. BWP is average at best, he will be good in league 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00