Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err Lallana and McGoldrick normally play attackig midfiel I have been to about 5 Saitns gamest this season because I know someone who has a spare ST. BWP is average at best, he will be good in league 1.

They're being played out of position then. They're both Strikers.

They are not. Lallana definetly isn't. McGoldrick can play up top but has been playing midfield.

Sorry, I was just going on the information on Southampton's official site, but seeing as you've been to 5 games, you must be right. Even if they're playing in midfield it'll be in the hole, which to me still means they're strikers.

Sorry, I was just going on the information on Southampton's official site, but seeing as you've been to 5 games, you must be right. Even if they're playing in midfield it'll be in the hole, which to me still means they're strikers.

Yeah, whenever I have seen them they have played attacking midfield with Euell and Saganowski normally starting up front.

I hope we are not going to bring in Championship standard players. If we do we will not get out of the championship. Even before we brought in Weller, Birchenall and Worthington Jimmy Bloomfield inherited a side with Shilton, Nish and Glover. The nucleus of the great O'Neill side was there when we went up. I hope Nigel will say to Steve Walsh "Find me some unregarded players who will be able to do it in the Premiership" and then like Cloughie in "The Damned United" tell Milan "Time to get your chequebook out there's a good lad." To be fair I am sure Milan wants to be a premiership chairman and Nigel wants to be a premiership manager.

Absolutely agree. We stormed League 1 because we had some good championship players in the squad. Similarly to storm the championship we are going to need some Prem players.
I am sure there is not much class coming down with Newcastle, Boro etc that we would want or could afford the wages of, so maybe we need some bench warmers from better teams, maybe on season long loans.

No way have we not been linked with anyone today?

Ahh come on, it's the weekend for all the rumour-mongers as well, let them enjoy the sunshine, they'll be back with some more bollocks tomorrow.

Ahh come on, it's the weekend for all the rumour-mongers as well, let them enjoy the sunshine, they'll be back with some more bollocks tomorrow.

:icon_bigg I want to be linked with some players now though!

Last edited:
''Michael Mifsud Leicester 1million''

Aaaah thats much better......

I don't think it is.....very average

I meant its a relief to have yet another shit rumour going round.

The same cov fan that posted this reckons that their getting David Dunn off Blackburn with Cox and Beckford too. 'Nuff said.

I meant its a relief to have yet another shit rumour going round.

The same cov fan that posted this reckons that their getting David Dunn off Blackburn with Cox and Beckford too. 'Nuff said.

oh! missed the sarcasm! we can expect alot more shite rumours over the coming months! i can't wait. Lets start one now. My best friend has told me that leicester are going to sign chris iwelumo on loan.

There could be bargains to be had at Southampton (pending appeal)
Obviously NP knows the players well im sure there will be future rumours , not sure which players though ( Davies Surman and McGoldrick are ok)

Was speaking to a Saints fan and asked him who he thought NP would rate from his time there & therefore by likely to come back for, and he said Kelvin Davies without any hesitation (and he didn't know our goalie issues this season)

Was speaking to a Saints fan and asked him who he thought NP would rate from his time there & therefore by likely to come back for, and he said Kelvin Davies without any hesitation (and he didn't know our goalie issues this season)

I know wikipedia isn't the most reliable of sources but it reckons his contract runs out at the end of this season.

i don't mind necessarily who the new players are as long as they fit the following criteria;
- they have pace
- comfortable on the ball in the vein of Mark Davies, Tom Cleverley.
- they show passion for leicester rather than passion for money.
- they don't have a history of mediocre championship performance (a la Euell, Saganowski, Mifsud) etc.

I trust Pearson and Walsh entirely to deliver on this without having to sign 14 players to find 2 good ones.

2 midfielders, 2 goalkeepers, 1 defender, 2 strikers.

- they don't have a history of mediocre championship performance (a la Euell, Saganowski, Mifsud) etc.

Should we sell the likes of Howard, Fryatt, Oakley etc then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00