Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Spose it's time to start another one of these as they seem to be picking up some speed at the minute.

Aside from Cox being a done deal, footy rumours is today saying we are signing Danny Mills for £250k from Man City.

Also listed on one of the 606 pages yesterday that we have signed Lambert and Stuart Campbell for a combined £1.1m from Brizzle

Surely Mills is out of contract in the summer?????

Spose it's time to start another one of these as they seem to be picking up some speed at the minute.

Aside from Cox being a done deal, footy rumours is today saying we are signing Danny Mills for £250k from Man City.

Also listed on one of the 606 pages yesterday that we have signed Lambert and Stuart Campbell for a combined £1.1m from Brizzle

Didn't we sell him previously? :102:

Cox, Lambert, Fryatt, Howard is a good upfront for the championship

We'd be a bit thin on the ground in midfield and defence though.

If we sort deal out for Hobbs and take up option on Brown I think the central defense looks very solid. Need a right back and two keepers though!!! lol

Midfield is the big one, we have lost too many games in that area over the last few years and even looked second best at times this season!

... and I do know you meant if we played four up front!! lol

Last edited:
Well they have improved alot and deserve a 2nd chance to make right what they did wrong last season

Im not denying they deserve another chance, as to whether they have improved alot, I will reserve judgment for now.

Im not denying they deserve another chance, as to whether they have improved alot, I will reserve judgment for now.

The team generally has improved a lot. Looking at last season and comparing to how they might do next season IMO is pointless. We now have a manager who seems to know what he's doing and a settled team.

Forget Campbell. Exactly the type of player we don't need. Another light weight midfielder.

The team generally has improved a lot. Looking at last season and comparing to how they might do next season IMO is pointless. We now have a manager who seems to know what he's doing and a settled team.

Forget Campbell. Exactly the type of player we don't need. Another light weight midfielder.

As I say I will reserve judgment for now!

Many would say comparing how we are doing this season, in a lower league with a number of loan signings, with how we may do next season could be pointless.

Many would say comparing how we are doing this season, in a lower league with a number of loan signings, with how we may do next season could be pointless.

Yes, but I we don't have the circus that we had last season. We have a manager and back room staff with a eye for a player and who has bought some respect back to the club.

Plus, i think we should get used to loan signings - I can see a few more next season - starting with Cleverley.

Yes, but I we don't have the circus that we had last season. We have a manager and back room staff with a eye for a player and who has bought some respect back to the club.

Plus, i think we should get used to loan signings - I can see a few more next season - starting with Cleverley.

Im not denying any of that.

Cox, Lambert, Fryatt, Howard is a good upfront for the championship

How many of them are proven in the Championship? One as far as I can tell - and he is now a few years older.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570