Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that he is now odds on favourite even though no official approach has been made or at least been made public as yet.

But the quote from the Swansea chairman was in today's paper so probably quoted yesterday! Plus isn't MM back in the country now?

The odds will be based on the amount of money they've taken, and the bets are probably based on inside info. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll get the job but he seems to be someone MM likes.

I know but it isn't very often that a manager is odds on favourite this early on and before any official approach has been made public.

Just looked on oddschecker and Sousa is now 4/6! Strangly though there is no odds at all on victor chandler anymore!

Just looked on oddschecker and Sousa is now 4/6! Strangly though there is no odds at all on victor chandler anymore!

They often take them off during the night as they presumably have less staff working to keep an eye on the odds.

Is Billy Davis still unhappy at Forest?

I wonder whether an unhappy manager is going to come to Leicester - out of the frying pan into the fire.
Think about any future potential manager ringing Martin Allen, Gary Megson, Ian Holloway or Nigel Pearson for advice on the Leicester job and you will realise there is one quality any manager who comes to Leicester is going to have - desperation.

Think about any future potential manager ringing Martin Allen, Gary Megson, Ian Holloway or Nigel Pearson for advice on the Leicester job and you will realise there is one quality any manager who comes to Leicester is going to have - desperation.

They might not necessarily be desperate. They might be a young manager at a lower division club who is ambitious and wants to manage at a higher level.

I wonder whether an unhappy manager is going to come to Leicester - out of the frying pan into the fire.

Why?
Are you privy to the advice that all of those listed would offer?

Stupid post as usual......:038:

Quite often there are major gambles on the slightest rumour,Paul Hart was backed into odds-on to be the Leeds manager,and the way the money was piling in you would have thought it was a formality.

Yet the job was given to a unknown at the time Kevin Blackwell at big odds.

I layed Paul Hart and could have won £ 200 if i saw the bet through,but i took the sensible approach and greened up,winning about £70.

No-one has mentioned Alan Pardew. Did a decent job at the Saints, bearing in mind the points deduction. Reasonable track with Charlton and West Ham. Sensible sort of chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669