Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All those, including me, who like the idea of Paolo Sousa, may want to have a read of this....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8645957.stm

It seems Swansea's reputation was built more on Martinez but then Wigan had some really abject performances last season. Sousa did well enough but a 6 match winless spell and a thrashing by Blackpool may not inspire too much confidence.

Any opinions?

Latest odds: (Victor Chandler)

Paulo Sousa 11/4
Tony Mowbray 4/1
Brendan Rodgers 5/1
Iain Dowie 9/1
Gareth Southgate 12/1
Mickey Adams 12/1
Phil Brown 12/1
Sean O'Driscoll 12/1
Chris Coleman 12/1
Nigel Worthington 12/1
Billy Reid 14/1
Phil Parkinson 14/1
Paul Jewell 14/1
Gary Megson 16/1
Steve Clarke 16/1
Paul Hart 16/1
David "Ned" Kelly 20/1
Mark Robins 20/1
Alan Curbishley 20/1
Steve Thompson 22/1
Jim Magilton 22/1
Steve Agnew 25/1
Steve Howard 25/1
Gary McAllister 25/1
Mark Venus 25/1
Paul Tisdale 25/1
Steve Tilson 25/1
Nigel Adkins 25/1
Gianfranco Zola 25/1
Keith Hill 28/1
Martin Keown 28/1
Gary Mills 28/1
David O'Leary 28/1
Mike Newell 33/1
Dion Dublin 33/1
Paul Groves 33/1
Steve Guppy 33/1
Gary Parker 33/1
Dennis w*s* 100/1

who the **** is betting on Guppy?

All those, including me, who like the idea of Paolo Sousa, may want to have a read of this....

It seems Swansea's reputation was built more on Martinez but then Wigan had some really abject performances last season. Sousa did well enough but a 6 match winless spell and a thrashing by Blackpool may not inspire too much confidence.

Any opinions?

Did we not know this already?

I've already posted I don't want him, boring, negative football, the lowest scorers in the Championship last season. His good footballing tag solely comes from him being a Portugese midfielder as a player, every Swansea fan says the same, it's quite the opposite in reality. Jury is still out on his ability as a manager as well as far as I'm concerned

And most of all, let's not forget he was sacked by QPR for not getting on with the chairman after 15 games, I don't want anyone with such history anywhere near Milan.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too upset at Iain Dowie. He may not be a world beater, but he's not currently employed (no compensation to pay) and Milan seems to rate him. I think that he might be able to manage Milan too - an important point to consider with any Leicester manager!

I am really worried that we might end up with two or three managers before one hits the spot. The difference between success and failure in this league is slim,; were we to play that game again, the results could, I fear, well be the same.

I would be. Dowie is shit. Where has he has success other than a couple of seasons at palace? Very uninspiring manager.

The other issue is that if the club is as skint as we all think it is, MM cannot afford to keep hiring & firing managers until he is happy with one like he has previously done. We simply cannot afford to keep paying them off as that is one of the factors why the club continues to make a loss. Therefore I feel this next appointment is not only a critical one for on the pitch but also off of it too.

OK Matt Gillies & Jock Wallace but what about McLintock, Levein as well as a long list of players...?!!

Peter Hodge? Willie Orr?

Not to mention on the playing side Dave Gibson, Frank McLintock, Johnny Duncan, Arthur Lochhead, John Sjoberg, Gary McAlister, Jimmy Walsh, Ian King and I'm sure loads more.

You could say exactly the same about English players or managers, there have been a long list of shit players and managers, but a long list of good ones too.

Writing off a manager because he is Scottish is ridiculous. In fact Scotland have a very good record of producing great managers.

Last edited:

Any opinions?
Backward step. Although anyone other than Pearson probably is. Overly defensive, not tactically inspiring, unlikely to attract a wealth of talent to your club. I am slightly biased though.

sousa2.jpg

Sousa & Swansea:

Swansea completely out-passed us at their place last season. But for a decent striker, we'd have been mauled.

Having 'Jack' supporting friends as well, this was not unusual in their home games at least.

I'm a bit baffled by the 'boring & negative' tag???

Great player for Juventus in his time, picked up almost everything in available silverware.

Sousa should be next.

Sousa & Swansea:

Swansea completely out-passed us at their place last season. But for a decent striker, we'd have been mauled.

Having 'Jack' supporting friends as well, this was not unusual in their home games at least.

I'm a bit baffled by the 'boring & negative' tag???
My mate is a Swansea season ticket holder and said they were incredibly negative last season, looking to get the first goal then sit back and hold on.

Swanseas lack of goals last season wasn't just because they didn't have any decent strikers.

My mate is a Swansea season ticket holder and said they were incredibly negative last season, looking to get the first goal then sit back and hold on.

Swanseas lack of goals last season wasn't just because they didn't have any decent strikers.

I can handle all the boring 1-0 wins they care to throw at me. No worries on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669