Nicky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchalmers83

Dale target set for Lge 1 switch
Monday 30 Jun 2008 11:31:16 by Col

Long term Dale target Nicky Adams is set for a switch to Leicester City, after the out of contract winger agreed a move to the Walkers Stadium.

It had been widely thought for a while that Adams was on his way to Spotland, and it was far from just the usual local rumour mill doing the rounds.But on the day that his contract at Gigg Lane finally expired, it seemed that Dale have been pipped at the post by Leicester City.

The newly relegated League One side have plenty of money to spend having sold two players for in excess of £1,000,000 in recent days, and it seemed they could offer more as a club to the Welsh Under 21 international than we could.

This news is expected to be confirmed at some stage early this week, when Leicester announce the signature of Adams.

Anyone know of this lad?

Cant say I have ever heard of him but like to see that we are getting in 'good talent'

MHS

Re: Dale target set for Lge 1 switch

Yes!!

Plays for my second team, the mighty Bury. He's the latest top talent from the academy (following the likes of Nugent, Kazim-Richards and Whaley in recent seasons), think he would be a good signing for us.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Re: Dale target set for Lge 1 switch

I preffered the sound of this Dale Target to Nicky Adams :)

Graz

Never heard of him, but sounds alright... Anyone know what position he actually is though? The article says winger, but the Wikipedia link says centre mid?

FantasyFox

Good to see us splashing out on proven talent. What a coup to have stolen him from under the noses of Rochdale FC.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Good to see us splashing out on proven talent. What a coup to have stolen him from under the noses of Rochdale FC.

I think you might benefit from a glance at the leagues, we have been relegated to League One. It was glaringly obvious that we would not be replacing the players leaving with those of similar reputation etc :)

Babylon

yes I thought so too what a signing it would prove to be and another on a 'free'

Get use to it... would you rather have players you don't know on the up, or players you know on the way down.

I know what i'd like!! We've signed too many people on reputations the last four years, and that has contributed towards where we are now!!

Spanky Fox

Let's hope he sign's today and is ready for the pre-season start tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673