Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I do wonder how much we are willing to offer? The last i heard was 5.3m (which i understood was not rejected or otherwise), is this what you know or do you know more?

I believe that we hope that will be enough but Bristol City still hope to hang on to him. This is what is holding any move up.

There has to be some movement this week surely for a striker and a winger, i dont think we can wait a lot longer,we are still lacking that strike power and we need the whoever sven buys to settle in before the coventry game .

im sure i read somewhere that Sven told the swedish media that "Maynard wanted to sign for us" therefore we must have tapped him up and the "i love bristol theory" dashed

Maynard would be a quality signing, 5.3m why not, the Yak we should take on loan, lazy but a goal scorer and has undoubted class. As for Heskey , I love the guy but he is not what we need now. Maybe if CMS had signed it would have worked but Howard can perform the Heskey role if we need it for a fraction of the monies!

£4m +waggy is as much as id go ( would prefer straight cash or waggy loan, but i sense were getting desperate.ish

I was being just mildly (by my unpleasant standards!) sarcy.

The point being that I'm afraid that Waghorn's value may have diminished from loads of money to not a lot
Looking at Maynard's goal scoring record he looks like a player who could make a big difference......assuming that he is fully clear from that serious knee injury that put him out for most of last season.

I said a few days ago that Maynard would be a fox, but times moving on ,i dont think we can be messed about for much longer ,if the boss has more options ,i think we should give bristol,agent, maynard,(whoever it is) a deadline and if it dosent work out .put a line under it and go elsewhere .

I'm sure he would be a very good signing for us, but concerned now that the price is being hiked up towards 6m and if his knee goes again thats a lot of money.

I'm sure he would be a very good signing for us, but concerned now that the price is being hiked up towards 6m and if his knee goes again thats a lot of money.

But on the other hand, if he scores the goals that get his promoted he'll be worth 15 times that to us.

I think he could get a new new knee done for about £12,000 at BUPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669