Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he would be a very good signing for us, but concerned now that the price is being hiked up towards 6m and if his knee goes again thats a lot of money.

Exactly - there may well be an element of risk here. But maybe the risk has been factored into the asking price. A youngish goal scorer costs a fortune these days. Seriously ancient fans like me will remember that we've had these situations in the past - notably Frank Worthington wasn't considered fit enough to satisfy Liverpool's tests, but we picked him up for a reasonable price etc etc.

peacefully-asleep.jpg

I wonder if we can compete with West Ham for signings?

They've apparently made a bid of £5m, rising to £8m with add ons for Shane Long. Would sooner go for him at that price than Maynard at £5.5m, or £4m plus Waggers to be honest.

I wonder if we can compete with West Ham for signings?

They've apparently made a bid of £5m, rising to £8m with add ons for Shane Long. Would sooner go for him at that price than Maynard at £5.5m, or £4m plus Waggers to be honest.

I wouldn't! Shane Long is basically just another Waghorn. Hard worker who is good at chasing down long balls over the top but not much else. Long's scoring record before McDermott came in and started playing hoofball with Reading was absolutely abysmal.

I don't think Long would get on with us at all, I'd much rather have Maynard than him, even if BF and 4-4-2 disagree. :icon_wink

Last edited:
Bert has spoken! at last an end to this saga one way or the other, this figure was also the maximum i had predicted, as much as i rate Maynard i hope we dont go higher, if BCFC are true to their "cash only threat" they will reject this and we can all move on. I dont want Waggy to go but this has dragged on far too long, lets hope this is an end to it

Bert on ft reckons our final bid will be 4million plus waghorn

You do realise that he is an electrician who knows a groundsman?

He has as much access to the inner workings of transfer deals as I have to the contents of Nigella Lawson's underwear.

He has as much access to the inner workings of transfer deals as I have to the contents of Delia Smith's underwear.

Let's be avin you!

He has as much access to the inner workings of transfer deals as I have to the contents of Nigella Lawson's underwear.

I know one of the groundsmen and the team chef at Leicester City and I can confirm that they know precisely **** all about any transfer dealings. The most juicy piece of transfer information I've gotten from them is that there was a 'mixed-race lad' down the training ground and they didn't know who he was.

He actually posted it days ago, even then he was only confirming what someone else said they had heard. It then spread around different forums.

If anything the story came from there and went to the papers, it certainly wasn't the other way around.

I know one of the groundsmen and the team chef at Leicester City and I can confirm that they know precisely **** all about any transfer dealings. The most juicy piece of transfer information I've gotten from them is that there was a 'mixed-race lad' down the training ground and they didn't know who he was.

Ditto. I even got told Gareth Southgate was our new boss before Sousa. I don't listen to them any more.

You must know about the contents of her underwear then.

Whoever it is he knows, whether it's the groundsman or not. He has definitely given correct information many times. Is he guilty of playing on it bit? I would say so. Is he guilty of sometimes taking a punt on things? I would say so again.

Like it or not though, he does get the information though on occasion, that's undeniable.

You must know about the contents of her underwear then.

Whoever it is he knows, whether it's the groundsman or not. He has definitely given correct information many times. Is he guilty of playing on it bit? I would say so. Is he guilty of sometimes taking a punt on things? I would say so again.

Like it or not though, he does get the information though on occasion, that's undeniable.

That's the problem though, he is occasionally right but people treat his info as though he is never wrong. If he didn't take his punts then people would be more inclined to believe him.

I wonder if Bert still thinks we're in for the Yak :icon_roll He was awful to one poster on FT. Think he went by the name of ohmy6od2...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670