Nigel Clough

Status
Not open for further replies.
He appears the complete opposite of 'old big head'.

Just wonder whether he will have the mental toughness to do the job, as he seems too polite to be a top manager.

Strange appointment. He has been a manager at Burton for 10 years already.

How i'd love to see them go down.

Lovely stuff, will be a great pleasure to watch him fail.

I love it when names do the talking.

Clough has taken Burton Albion light years froward compared to when he took over, ive seen them play twice and the play some great football. 10 years learning the trade even at lower level football will have taught him a lot. Would not suprise me to see him do well.

Fecking hope not though.

Last edited:
Clough has taken Burton Albion light years froward compared to when he took over, ive seen them play twice and the play some great football. 10 years learning the trade even at lower level football will have taught him a lot. Would not suprise me to see him do well.

Fecking hope not though.

I think there's probably a reason why other clubs have left them for the last 10 years though... he's been talked about for other jobs and moving up for at least a few years now and no one has seemed to want to take the gamble.

Think he's doomed to fail at Derby... I think their fans will expect too much of him because of his dad, and therefore he'll fail even if he's actually a moderate success...

Think he should've avoided Derby/Forest to avoid the comparisons, at least for his first big job.

I think it's a decent appointment

He's done a wonderful job at Burton

I remember that when he became manager of Burton he said "People are always telling me I'll never be as good as Brian Clough. Half the time its my father telling me."

Brian Clough took a club the size of Leicester and made them the best team in the country. He then took another club the size of Leicester and made them for two years the best team in Europe. Other great managers - Ferguson, Shankley, Busby - managed big clubs. Brian Clough was quite simply the greatest manager of them all.

Brian Clough took a club the size of Leicester and made them the best team in the country. He then took another club the size of Leicester and made them for two years the best team in Europe. Other great managers - Ferguson, Shankley, Busby - managed big clubs. Brian Clough was quite simply the greatest manager of them all.

Didn't do much at Leeds though :icon_lol:

Very suprising appointment - he has never managed a league club in his career but now all of a sudden he is the man to take Derby to the Premiership!

Brian clough >> Martin O Neill

I hope his son does well. I look forward to playing Derby in the Championship next season and I'd be more than happy to be playing them in the Prem for every season after that.

I miss not playing Derby and Forest twice a season every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566