Nigel Pearson- "It's my City team doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pearsonites will cry at those comments from Ulloa but I think it's confirmation of what most fans already knew - that something or someone other than Pearson was the trigger for our turnaround.

IMO it was Pearson's weak point - he appeared to be tactically inept at this level. Some of his substitutions and such like were baffling at times. He deserves plenty of credit though for helping to turn this club around, him and Mandaric are the original rescue act. They've played their part in turning us around and now the story is carrying on with TOP and Ranieri. Let's take a moment to thank everyone that is and has been associated with the club during the last few years and what a fantastic job they have done. Our support has also been fantastic, especially last season during our low point when we were still singing and turning out in numbers even when destined for the drop.

I cry because my beautiful Cambiasso isnt here.

I miss his smile, his glow.

People praise Pearson because of the end at last season. Has everyone forgotten he got us in that mess in the first place?

People praise Pearson because of the end at last season. Has everyone forgotten he got us in that mess in the first place?
No, because some people realised that good performances were not rewarded, players were coming to terms with...oh **** it, it's all been said far too many times before. So OK then: Pea Son was shit - we should employ him again just so we can sack him a third time.

You never liked him at Hull either, did you cafe?

Notice he spoke highly of us after the game today o 'Fletch&Sav'. Surprised he's not back in the game already. A bit of a loose canon but would be a great choice for any Championship team looking to 'turn the corner'.

Has everyone forgotten we won two league championships under him?

IMO this is Ranieri's team through and through... his tactics suit the team (he makes them play to their strengths) and his substitutions are almost always spot on. He's a better manager.

But kicking Pearson is absurd. 14th place and that crazy run last year was all his doing.

I personally feel slightly for Pearson, this is largely his team carrying momentum from last season. He deserves some credit for what he achieved with us.

I personally feel slightly for Pearson, this is largely his team carrying momentum from last season. He deserves some credit for what he achieved with us.

I agree completely - these players are players he worked with all of last season. They fought together with him "in the trenches" during a tough season and he gave us a brilliant basis for this season to be built on.

Kasper, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki were all signed under his tenure as manager. Kante was being looked at whilst he was manager.

He should take great pride in knowing the huge hand he has had in our success - a number of those players came or remained at this club because of Nigel Pearson. A good man-manager and players tended to love him. We actually don't know how he would have done this season - I reckon we'd be a top ten side, but then again we'll never know.

Now Claudio has stamped his own style of play onto this already blossoming group of players. They already got along well since well before CR - and he has taken advantage of that and given his brilliant tactical knowledge to give us brilliant results. I don't think we would have done this well under Pearson.

Credit goes to both - if we win the league, NP can be please with the input he's had, but ultimately and rightly so, it's CR's success.

Pearson has already gone down as one of the best managers in the club's history and a club legend imo. Always love him for what he did here.

However, Claudio is on the verge of becoming the club's greatest ever manager and having a statue of himself being commissioned outside the KP!

Remember though, Pearson also got us where we were this time last year and had it not been for Cambiasso and the players themselves we would almost certainly have gone down. This year's fantastic efforts are down to Ranieri not Pearson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669