Nigel Pearson- "It's my City team doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson was the manager. Any success or any failure goes down as his responsibility. So he was responsible for both sides of last season.

Kante and Fuchs run this team. Okazaki does no mean job either

Simpson and Albrighton now playing every game, instead of being completely ignored

Yes, all Claudio has done is just carry on doing what Peastain did. He's actually changed nothing, and none of this is down to him

Dobbers, some people, they really are

You been calling in again?
No it was my lad Ross, he was on later than that guy.

He was on that part where 6 callers have 30 seconds to make a point and Robbie picks one to speak to fully. Usually one gets picked but this time he picked two- Ross and a disabled Liverpool lady who took part in the protest at this afternoon's game at Anfield.

I think Mr Cambiasso had a lot to do with us staying up. Pearson was 'do not lose'. Esteban was 'this is how to win the next 10 games'.

Kante and Fuchs run this team. Okazaki does no mean job either

Simpson and Albrighton now playing every game, instead of being completely ignored

Yes, all Claudio has done is just carry on doing what Peastain did. He's actually changed nothing, and none of this is down to him

Dobbers, some people, they really are

Kante, Fuchs and Okazaki may well have been running the team if NP was still here. Given Fuchs was convinced to come here because of NP, that would be a probability. Okazaki and Kante being looked at under his tenure suggests that given solid performances, they would have been given a chance.

Albrighton was selected towards the end of last season by NP and was instrumental in our amazing run. Simpson, had other personal issues which perhaps NP didn't want to affect him on the pitch - this has even be mentioned in some press to be a reason why he didn't play - after all, NP signed him.

Some people are fecking delusional.

Everything about the club that was good when Pearson was here, is still just as good without him.

Everything that Pearson was shambolic at, are now becoming our strengths. We're a sophisticated team now.

Listen to Schwarzer (a friend of Pearson) this week say how different so many players feel this season compared to last. How close Drinkwater was to leaving when Pearson was here and how much the mood of the squad has changed.

Or, how this time last year, we'd often see the likes of Vardy either as sub or played wide. Or Mahrez mis-used and mis-managed. Albrighton and Simpson too were hopelessly undervalued by him. Even Morgan is a different player this year.

There is no correlation between this team and the one from last season. This team would batter that lot, Cambiasso and all.

If your club is in a mess and you can afford to give him time and money, Pearson will structurally sort it out. That is a strong quality but clearly not strong enough for anyone to take him on this season. This surely speaks volumes in itself.

If he takes over another club and doesn't have the money or Steve Walsh, we'll see what he's made of. But I think he knows what he's made of and that's why he's decided to keep cashing the Leicester paychecks and sit on his arse rather than get back in.

Everything about the club that was good when Pearson was here, is still just as good without him.

Everything that Pearson was shambolic at, are now becoming our strengths. We're a sophisticated team now.

Pretty much spot on how I see it. Pearson will never admit he was tactically inept and obviously will be happy to insinuate that a lot of this might be down to him. He's got a point too, he deserves a lot of credit, but we've improved further since we moved on from him and that has involved improvements on the playing side.

[...]
There is no correlation between this team and the one from last season. This team would batter that lot, Cambiasso and all.

Still hating, even though he's gone. Why?

The team at the end of last season was playing excellent football and winning well. There's no way of settling which was better, so why not let it rest? Pearson played his part in assembling this team and getting them to win. Why not leave it there?

Honestly, I have no clue why this is still a topic.

Ctrl-C Ctrl-V opinions from all the other threads on the topic are irrelevant now. It's time to move on.
The funny thing is that Shift+Insert still works

The funny thing is that Shift+Insert still works

I thought I was the only creature on the planet to still use Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert.

This revelation has sadly made my day, almost as much as beating Man City at their home turf.

I thought I was the only creature on the planet to still use Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert.

This revelation has sadly made my day, almost as much as beating Man City at their home turf.
You're not alone, my dear boy!

Honestly, I have no clue why this is still a topic.

Ctrl-C Ctrl-V opinions from all the other threads on the topic are irrelevant now. It's time to move on.

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

I'm now wondering whether I'm the only creature on the planet not to know about Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert.

I'm now wondering whether I'm the only creature on the planet not to know about Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert.
I've worked with computers professionally for a long time and had no idea. Don't feel bad. You're no more of an idiot than I am :(

Some Derby fans think he may be going there. Would make sense in a lot of ways, not least because Kevin Phillips is there as AM.

Some Derby fans think he may be going there. Would make sense in a lot of ways, not least because Kevin Phillips is there as AM.

I think he would be really well suited to Derby with their current infrastructure and ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669