Speculation Nigel Pearson's Leicester future in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said above RL did an interview with him today and played it at 6pm (You can listen http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00qmdm5). Birch's opinion fwiw was that the meeting was 'very constructive', that the team will be 'restructured' and that the owners are 100% behind the club and the management team.

As I mentioned, the noises coming out of the finance team are similar. Pearson is here to stay (certainly for the summer anyway...) and will be backed in the summer financially.

Birch's opinion fwiw was that the meeting was 'very constructive', that the team will be 'restructured' and that the owners are 100% behind the club and the management team.

I must admit I'm surprised that the Birch was invited to the meeting

No one has mentioned how much we missed Neil Danns. I honestly think he is pure Homer (class, quality, a bit naughty).

No one has mentioned how much we missed Neil Danns. I honestly think he is pure Homer (class, quality, a bit naughty).

I really, really miss him playing. Only because I'm sick of listening to Stringy slurping his way through the commentary while hanging off Dannsy's left leg.

"Neil, Neil, Neil, Neil mate, I love you I do. D'you wanna be best mates? *slurp*slurp* You're brilliant you are Neil mate. *slurp*slurp* Don't worry if you're listening on 104 point 9, there's nothing really happening on the pitch. So Neil, tell me that really, really funny joke again. Oh wait, I think somebody might've scored..."

Last edited:
The first names on the invite were Birch, Paulo Sousa and the FT.

And quite rightly so Birch being not only one of the club's all time greats but an player who has got better every year since he retired; Paulo Sousa who had a glittering managerial career cut short by the failure of his players to score any goals - and as for the FT - every organisation can benefit from the advice of the Financial Times.

I am sure I wasn't alone in expressing this in the West Ham post match thread!

Was there any mention that if Pearson offloaded one or two expensive players that he might be less than enamoured with, that he could reinvest their wages in new players?

Was there any mention that if Pearson offloaded one or two expensive players that he might be less than enamoured with, that he could reinvest their wages in new players?

Pearson added: "Just because I say we will do business, it does not mean it
will be a free-for-all with spending.

"We will always try to bring players in who will give us value for money, not
just in the immediate term.

"If we are to spend money on players, they have to be sound investments as
well.

"Clearly with the Financial Fair Play, there will be a number of clubs who
will have to look very carefully at the structuring of how you do your business,
both in terms of money spent and the salaries of players.

"Along with a number of other clubs, we will have to be a little bit more
thoughtful in how we do that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17868330

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675