Speculation Nigel Pearson's Leicester future in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem though; no-one knows what's happened, so it's pointless criticising Pearson for leaving him out of the team when we don't know the details.

IMO there must be a very good reason for Matt Mills' exclusion. Prior to whatever happened, Pearson was playing him every game... Something massive must have happened to take Mills from captaining the side and playing every game to not even making the squad and training with the youngsters.

Pearson's had disagreements with players in the past, but he's worked them out and the players have come back better than ever - like with Sean St Ledger. Matt Mills must have either done something very serious, or isn't willing to buckle down, impress the manager and fight his way back into first team contention. Either way, he doesn't sound like he has the kind of attitude Pearson demands from his players and if that's the case, I won't be sad to see him go. A very expensive mistake.

You are quite correct in saying that nobody, especially me, knows what passed between Pearson and Mills: but, however much of a pain in the bum Mills may be, he is talented - OK, he may have put in some poor performances but so has Pearson as manager, and he's got another chance!

Manchester City have a player who makes Mills look a novice in the petulance department (Carlos Tevez); Mancini has handled that situation and Tevez has put them into a position whereby they have real title hope. Pearson wastes a talent and we don't even make the top six in the Championship. That is why Mancini is where he is - and why City are where we are.

You are quite correct in saying that nobody, especially me, knows what passed between Pearson and Mills: but, however much of a pain in the bum Mills may be, he is talented - OK, he may have put in some poor performances but so has Pearson as manager, and he's got another chance!

Manchester City have a player who makes Mills look a novice in the petulance department (Carlos Tevez); Mancini has handled that situation and Tevez has put them into a position whereby they have real title hope. Pearson wastes a talent and we don't even make the top six in the Championship. That is why Mancini is where he is - and why City are where we are.

Quite. Something Pearson would do well to reflect on. For Pearson to take the high road he needs to be a better and more successful manager.

Poor logic. You say nobody, especially you, knows what happened so how can you assume Mills is petulant?

Tevez was AWOL at Man City for far longer than Mills has been out of the frame so how do we know Nigel won't resurrect him next season? My guess is that he'll go to one of the sides newly promoted to the Premier.

My point would be that NP has given players second chances, reinforced by the fact that St Ledger was transfer listed and looked certain to leave the club, yet now he's a regular first team player. This leads me to believe that Mills has either done something unforgivable, or he hasn't shown the same willing or attitude as St Ledger did to fight his way back into contention. Again, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but past experience of Nigel's 'bust ups' with players would suggest that there is a way back to the first team for Mills, but there are certain criteria he has to meet, perhaps an attitude adjustment, an apology, application in training... this is all just speculation, but I think the ball is probably in Mills' court.

manchester city have a player who makes mills look a novice in the petulance department (carlos tevez); mancini has handled that situation and tevez has put them into a position whereby they have real title hope. Pearson wastes a talent and we don't even make the top six in the championship. That is why mancini is where he is - and why city are where we are.

roflz

Some people do seem to be forgetting that Mills was and I suspect still is a very average defender at best. Would anyone have him in the side ahead of Morgan?

Some people do seem to be forgetting that Mills was and I suspect still is a very average defender at best. Would anyone have him in the side ahead of Morgan?

Why Miles? I really would like to know why some people on this board seem to really rate Mills, because I've seen nothing from him that shows he has any real quality. His composure isn't great and as such his tackling is last ditch and often rash, proven by the amount of red cards he's gotten this season, his distribution is terrible, he doesn't really offer any attacking threat from set pieces, he doesn't seem to have any real leadership or organisational skills, he's not particularly pacy... If you can point out a game where Mills has had a stormer and dominated defensively, I'd genuinely love to know which it was, because I don't really think I've seen him have a very good game for Leicester.

With Wes Morgan, at least you know what you're getting - they're very different defenders. Morgan is almost unbeatable in the air, strong, athletic, tackles well, blocks well and generally makes his presence know in defence. I don't think Morgan is an amazing player, but he's very dependable - something which cannot be said for Mills.

That and £200 million.

Personally, I'd rather see Pearson at centre back than Morgan - and he's not much younger than me! :icon_bigg

Why Miles? I really would like to know why some people on this board seem to really rate Mills, because I've seen nothing from him that shows he has any real quality. His composure isn't great and as such his tackling is last ditch and often rash, proven by the amount of red cards he's gotten this season, his distribution is terrible, he doesn't really offer any attacking threat from set pieces, he doesn't seem to have any real leadership or organisational skills, he's not particularly pacy... If you can point out a game where Mills has had a stormer and dominated defensively, I'd genuinely love to know which it was, because I don't really think I've seen him have a very good game for Leicester.

With Wes Morgan, at least you know what you're getting - they're very different defenders. Morgan is almost unbeatable in the air, strong, athletic, tackles well, blocks well and generally makes his presence know in defence. I don't think Morgan is an amazing player, but he's very dependable - something which cannot be said for Mills.

I think, generally speaking, we conceded less goals when Mills was in the side. I remain confident that we didn't see the best of him and that he was jettisoned before he had time to really settle. I agree Morgan is steadier, but I also think his ceiling is lower. You're right, Mills didn't show a great deal in the first part of the season, but neither did a lot of players.

Seriously? I think Morgans our best central defender.

Seconded, I think he's among the most reliable centre backs in the Championship. People forget he made the team of the season when Forest were in the playoffs last season.

People forget he made the team of the season when Forest were in the playoffs last season.

That means the square root of **** all to me. Matt Mills made scored in, and captained Reading in the Championship play off final and he's supposed to be our worst defender.

None of our current crop of defenders have been covering themselves in glory this season.

That means the square root of **** all to me. Matt Mills made scored in, and captained Reading in the Championship play off final and he's supposed to be our worst defender.
None of our current crop of defenders have been covering themselves in glory this season.

Well it's actually an indicator of best individual performance throughout the season, rather than just playing for a team who made the playoff finals, which means nothing.

According to rich list owners there have been offers for some of Hulls players-as written in the press.These have been rebuffed.
Seems unlikely Chester will be joining you unless silly money involved-he is worth alot
Pity you didn"t land Stewart for 1.5 million-you would then appreciate NP"s ability to spot a good forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00