Speculation Nigel Pearson's Leicester future in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles, what he said. You can't just call a player Hemmingway-esque unless you're prepared to catch a flight to EMA, get a taxi to Leicester and say it to their face.

Miles, what he said. You can't just call a player Hemmingway-esque unless you're prepared to catch a flight to EMA, get a taxi to Leicester and say it to their face.

The only flight to ema are from crappy Spanish resorts, I think miles will struggle to find a flight :)

Wrong Kingster I think

On Late Kick Off BBC1 soon.

As I remember, it was stuff like:

I do not pick players to play just because they cost a lot of money.
I want players who demonstrate their commitment by hard work and right/(my) attitude.
I will make some changes/additions to balance the squad, but not large numbers.
Some players will leave.

Absolutely no problem with this comment in principle. That said, you don't cut your nose off to spite your face either and I think Pearson is guilty of this on occasion. The defence hasn't improved with the omission of Mills and rather than include him in the match day squad to give a bit of additional competition for places, he's continued to alienate him. If it was a clash of opinions then sidelining him for a time was understandable, but what we've seen seems excessive unless something hugely drastic happened.

As I remember, it was stuff like:

I want players who demonstrate their commitment by hard work and right/(my) attitude.
I will make some changes/additions to balance the squad, but not large numbers.
Some players will leave.

All this plus everything is all about long-term planning.

Absolutely no problem with this comment in principle. That said, you don't cut your nose off to spite your face either and I think Pearson is guilty of this on occasion. The defence hasn't improved with the omission of Mills and rather than include him in the match day squad to give a bit of additional competition for places, he's continued to alienate him. If it was a clash of opinions then sidelining him for a time was understandable, but what we've seen seems excessive unless something hugely drastic happened.

That's the problem though; no-one knows what's happened, so it's pointless criticising Pearson for leaving him out of the team when we don't know the details.

IMO there must be a very good reason for Matt Mills' exclusion. Prior to whatever happened, Pearson was playing him every game... Something massive must have happened to take Mills from captaining the side and playing every game to not even making the squad and training with the youngsters.

Pearson's had disagreements with players in the past, but he's worked them out and the players have come back better than ever - like with Sean St Ledger. Matt Mills must have either done something very serious, or isn't willing to buckle down, impress the manager and fight his way back into first team contention. Either way, he doesn't sound like he has the kind of attitude Pearson demands from his players and if that's the case, I won't be sad to see him go. A very expensive mistake.

IMO there must be a very good reason for Matt Mills' exclusion. Prior to whatever happened, Pearson was playing him every game... Something massive must have happened to take Mills from captaining the side and playing every game to not even making the squad and training with the youngsters.
Just my opinion, but he was dropped after playing the final in a succession of stinkers that horrible game at Watford, purely football reasons, nothing else. I'd guess ( and it is a guess ) that Mills then threw his toys out of the pram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00