Speculation Nigel Pearson's Leicester future in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
But dont forget that when Mills was dropped he seemed to be taking the blame for the goals that wre being leaked in ,but when they dropped him nothing changed ,city were still leaking the goals,so for me nothings proved about Matt Mills.

Good point. They were also playing different teams, therefore we're not comparing apples with apples. If we played the same team each week we would have a much better comparison, something I would strongly recommend FIFA introduce along with goal line video technology so that team selection is easier. Apple vs apples is really the only way to do a decent comparison. Or watch the team in training, analyse each of the games using the latest video technology and then drop the useless ****. Video is the future...but not Betamax.

The last thing we need is a change of manager. We need consistency for a few seasons. If Mandaric hadnt got rid of Pearson would we be in the premier league now?

Having managerial stability is all well and good but only if you have the right manager and I'm still not convinced that we do.

What does he need to do to convince you?

And if NP isn't the 'right manager', who is?

The way I see it, Nigel Pearson IS the manager, and although he hasn't done anything spectacular yet, I also recognise that he hasn't had a chance to mould the squad, and to get HIS players playing in the style that HE wants.

I also think that it takes at least a whole season to build a squad and get it playing consistently. The team was created by Sven to play in a significantly different style. It takes a season to gel, practice the tactics and play together so that they can read each other. No? I think that some things take time.

NP certainly hasn't done anything so tragic as to make me think he isn't the 'right manager'. I can say the same for Sven. There are three questions for me:

1) Will Nigel Pearson prove himself to be capable of building a squad with the players he wants?
2) Will they play together long enough to play well with each other?
3) Will NP's tactics win enough games to get us promoted?

Would positive answers to all of those questions make him the 'right manager'? Not for some. For some, only Big Ron will do.

What does he need to do to convince you?

And if NP isn't the 'right manager', who is?

The way I see it, Nigel Pearson IS the manager, and although he hasn't done anything spectacular yet, I also recognise that he hasn't had a chance to mould the squad, and to get HIS players playing in the style that HE wants.

I also think that it takes at least a whole season to build a squad and get it playing consistently. The team was created by Sven to play in a significantly different style. It takes a season to gel, practice the tactics and play together so that they can read each other. No? I think that some things take time.

NP certainly hasn't done anything so tragic as to make me think he isn't the 'right manager'. I can say the same for Sven. There are three questions for me:

1) Will Nigel Pearson prove himself to be capable of building a squad with the players he wants?
2) Will they play together long enough to play well with each other?
3) Will NP's tactics win enough games to get us promoted?

Would positive answers to all of those questions make him the 'right manager'? Not for some. For some, only Big Ron will do.

I think that you have missed at least one question: Will Nigel Pearson stay long enough to answer your questions? From what I know (mostly picked up on these halloed boards) Nigel Pearson walked out on us last time, after an argument with Lee Hoos and then became disillusioned at Hull, to the extent that he was looking for a way out when we came along.

I will be interested to see what happens when Nigel's views do not agree with those of the board. If we are not, at least, in the play off places as Christmas appears on the horizon, and the board express dissatisfaction, I could see him walking.

I think that you have missed at least one question: Will Nigel Pearson stay long enough to answer your questions? From what I know (mostly picked up on these halloed boards) Nigel Pearson walked out on us last time, after an argument with Lee Hoos and then became disillusioned at Hull, to the extent that he was looking for a way out when we came along.

I will be interested to see what happens when Nigel's views do not agree with those of the board. If we are not, at least, in the play off places as Christmas appears on the horizon, and the board express dissatisfaction, I could see him walking.

The majority of the views posted on here at the time indicated that it was made very clear to him that he wasn't wanted here anymore, last time.

I don't know if there is any truth in the story that NP and Lee Hoos had an argument, or the impact of any argument on Nigel's decision making. NP did state at the time that he had been allowed to speak to Hull and therefore took that as the chairman implying that he can leave? Is that pretty much what was said?

If my boss started sending me the latest jobs from Monster, I'd probably walk too, especially if there was another employer telling me how much he appreciated me and that they wanted me to come and join them.

What happened in the past has now gone, Nigel is here to stay full stop. Nigel Pearson is here for the long term and if the owners stick to there word then Nigel will get us promoted! I have no doubts whatsoever!

Maybe a decent start to next season and being in a strong position at Christmas will give me a bit more confidence. Right now, the jury is still out on Pearson.

Last edited:
What happened in the past has now gone, Nigel is here to stay full stop. Nigel Pearson is here for the long term and if the owners stick to there word then Nigel will get us promoted! I have no doubts whatsoever!

Sorry, but that is nonsense. Were Sir Alex Ferguson to become City manager, one could not, rationally, say that there is no doubt that he would gain promotion!

I think this thread has gone on far to long now ,lets face it ,(hes staying should we like it or not,so lets just let him try to do his job ,and if it fails im sure our owners will look after his future good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669