Noel Fielding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miranda? Yeah, it's quite shocking to be honest. To think that BBC 2 used to be the place for such masterpieces as the one in your avatar - it's gone a bit downhill, hasn't it?

Moving on in our series "Comedy Heroes of Our Time"... After Miranda, I give you:

What the ****ity **** is this? I knew he was painfully unfunny but ****ing Jebus, that's just embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stewart Lee stands head and shoulders above everyone.

Agree over most, but I'd put his former comedy partner Richard Herring alongside him.

Last edited:
I like Herring, I used to like him a lot, but he can be a bit desperate at times and his appearance on The News Quiz was nothing short of an embarrassment for his friends, parents and people who'd met him in Waitrose. He's Harpo, Zeppo and Chico to Lee's Groucho.

I ****ing love Charlie Brooker.

I do like Charlie Brooker, but I just find the whole 'lets sneer at everything popular' angle just a bit boring. He does come up with some good points, and in places is very funny, but hating everything because it is popular I find a bit sad.

Also over recent years his attitude towards popular culture has seen him become part of the thing he claims to loathe. It is a similar thing with Stewart Lee, he received a British Comedy Award and acted disgusted that he had received one....yet still accepted it.

I do like Charlie Brooker, but I just find the whole 'lets sneer at everything popular' angle just a bit boring. He does come up with some good points, and in places is very funny, but hating everything because it is popular I find a bit sad.

Also over recent years his attitude towards popular culture has seen him become part of the thing he claims to loathe. It is a similar thing with Stewart Lee, he received a British Comedy Award and acted disgusted that he had received one....yet still accepted it.

I don't think he hates everything that's popular, have you ever watched Screenwipe? While he can be scathing at times, he also dedicates a lot of time to celebrating and praising the shows on TV that he loves; The Wire, Deadwood, 24.

He's never struck me as someone who 'sneers' at something just for the sake of it. More often than not, the TV shows, or people, or institutions he aims his vitriol at are wholly deserving of it.

Plus he's a funny ****er:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a similar thing with Stewart Lee, he received a British Comedy Award and acted disgusted that he had received one....yet still accepted it.

Did he?

"Disgusted" you say?

Really?

[video=youtube_share;7Qu-SnZBT2w]http://youtu.be/7Qu-SnZBT2w[/video]

I do like Charlie Brooker, but I just find the whole 'lets sneer at everything popular' angle just a bit boring.

I must be confusing him with a different Charlie Brooker

Want some good stand up then watch some Jim Jefferies.

Want some good stand up then watch some Jim Jefferies.
The ex-Hearts manager? Never struck me as particularly funny to be honest. Bit of miserable Scotch twat.

Edit: That's a bit harsh actually. I'm basing my opinion on his post-match interviews when he was at Bradford, when he most definitely was a sour-faced ****. He may have changed.

Last edited:
Nah it is his pre Bradford stuff - I think Bradford may have pushed him over the edge as he was a lot slimmer before I seen him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566