Northampton 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse than under Hollway ?:icon_conf

Anyone who thinks this is a ****wit. I couldn't believe the boos I heard today. Third in the table, people booing. They deserve **** all, they should go and 'support' Man U or Arsenal if they can't deal with their team not winning every week. We don't need them, they don't help, my considered opinion is that they **** off.

Having said that, we weren't very good today. But what is to be done? Can we trust the players who are there, will they improve with experience? Or is this it, are we to gently slide out of the top places? One thing's for sure, I don't believe booing will have any kind of positive effect at all...

Last edited:
Dyer was full of running today but not much end product. Gradel I think continues to be ineffective. Real sickener this one because after his rave reviews at Bournemouth last year I was hoping for big things from him for us.

Not happened yet IMO.

Gradel started season really well but gone off the boil a bit. He did okay today pity his collegues couldn't pass the ball to him on the many occassions he was unmarked.
Dyer runs his socks off and if greedy fatty Fryatt loked up now and again he would see that Dyer and others were in better positions to put the fecking ball in the oppostions net.

Anyone who thinks this is a ****wit. I couldn't believe the boos I heard today. Third in the table, people booing. They deserve **** all, they should go and 'support' Man U or Arsenal if they can't deal with their team not winning every week. We don't need them, they don't help, my considered opinion is that they **** off.

:038::038: Agree full heartedly Polar Bear.

12 games into the season and i think teams have realized that were not really as good as they think we are,and i think the penny is dropping that we are starting to realize that were not quite as good as the hype,and we may just have to start working at it.But can we?Time to show your class lads not think you are better,prove it.

12 games into the season and i think teams have realized that were not really as good as they think we are,and i think the penny is dropping that we are starting to realize that were not quite as good as the hype,and we may just have to start working at it.But can we?Time to show your class lads not think you are better,prove it.
Very true - Northampton were a great example of this, they started very nervous of us and as the game progressed they realised we were no threat to them and their confidence grew.
They could so easily have taken the lead on a couple of occassions which is not good considering they were the worst team we have seen at the Walkers this season.

Last edited:
They could so easily have taken the lead on a couple of occassions which is not good considering they were the worst team we have seen at the Walkers this season.

To clarify, they were probably the worst AWAY team we have seen at the Walkers so far this season.

Total garbage; Gradel, King, Oakley, Howard & Fryatt were clueless today. Hobbs was out of his depth.

I thought Berner looked decent when he came on as did Hayles (all be it he wasn't on for long, but we created a couple of chances due to his determination).

Kishishev, Porter and Campbell must be so shite it's unheard of if they cannot get a look in.

Campbell is injured and at least 4 weeks from a return.

This is pretty unfair.

Gradel has HUGE family problems, more than he should be able to deal with as a young kid, and he probably can't.

Sometimes, I get the feeling that real life may be more important than football.

Not very often, but right now is a case in point.

I hope his life sorts itself out. As I hope Weso's injuries sort themselves out, and Fryatt's return of the confidence problem ( one on one with the goalie and fear sets in?) sorts itself out.

If not, maybe help is needed.

It was needed and not forthcoming in the case of Stan Collymore, who talked to me at length, over a long time, about his issues, and there was little I could do.

Every club should have a sports' psychologist/counsellor. Many of these guys have been just playing football, and valued as that, all their lives, maybe from the age of six. Many of them haven't got a clue how to adjust to real life, or live real life. So they just booze or buy cars. Few have any natural social skills.

What happens to Weso, if he has brittle bones? What help do we give to a kid like Gradel who has lost his family? What do we do for a guy who hasn't got a clue how to adjust to a family life when all he knows is getting stoned and sleeping around?

And how do we hope to build a team out of these failures in real life, when they never had a real life?

The pressure we put on vulnerable kids, as fans, who ain't got a clue how to carve out a living, is intolerable. And yes, every football team has this to deal with. It's not just us.

Sorry. Sometimes I get sad for the game and for those who play it, and for the emotional baggage they carry. I got too close to Stan and his problems. They couldn't be solved.

Last edited:
One thing's for sure, I don't believe booing will have any kind of positive effect at all...

Of course it has a positive effect...for the opposition

Why can't our dimwit fans understand this. :bang:

FFS, take out your frustration on the opposition players or the ref, that might actually help the side you claim to support :102:

This is pretty unfair.

Gradel has HUGE family problems, more than he should be able to deal with as a young kid, and he probably can't.

Sometimes, I get the feeling that real life may be more important than football.

Not very often, but right now is a case in point.

I hope his life sorts itself out. As I hope Weso's injuries sort themselves out, and Fryatt's return of the confidence problem ( one on one with the goalie and fear sets in?) sorts itself out.

If not, maybe help is needed.

It was needed and not forthcoming in the case of Stan Collymore, who talked to me at length, over a long time, about his issues, and there was little I could do.

Every club should have a sports' psychologist/counsellor. Many of these guys have been just playing football, and valued as that, all their lives, maybe from the age of six. Many of them haven't got a clue how to adjust to real life, or live real life. So they just booze or buy cars. Few have any natural social skills.

What happens to Weso, if he has brittle bones? What help do we give to a kid like Gradel who has lost his family? What do we do for a guy who hasn't got a clue how to adjust to a family life when all he knows is getting stoned and sleeping around?

And how do we hope to build a team out of these failures in real life, when they never had a real life?

The pressure we put on vulnerable kids, as fans, who ain't got a clue how to carve out a living, is intolerable. And yes, every football team has this to deal with. It's not just us.

Sorry. Sometimes I get sad for the game and for those who play it, and for the emotional baggage they carry. I got too close to Stan and his problems. They couldn't be solved.

In your opinion, would Stan's 'problems' have been apparent if he hadn't pursued a footballing career?
If he'd taken a job as a labourer on a building site would he just have had shit to deal with, the same as everybody else does?

Have a word with yourselves.

4th in the lge with a game in hand that can put us in an auto spot.

1 defeat in 12 games.

Its a marathon blah blah blah.

You can always become a Leicester red:icon_roll

I wasn't there, obviously, but listening and reading the live text it seems we made so many chances, more than I can ever remember and couldn't put them away.

Surely we need to change something up front.

and Fryatt's return of the confidence problem ( one on one with the goalie and fear sets in?) sorts itself out
Of course Fryatt has a confidence problem, I would too if I was shit at my job.

Poor performance all the way round, therefore it hard to critises anybody in particular. 2 great chances missed by Dyer & Fryatt which on another day they might have put away. Found the booing on Tuesday and today very unjustified. Agree with PB that this is not a positive especially at home.

On Tuesday a fan not far away from me was shouting abuse when we were passing the ball about and wanted them to boot it up to Howard, today he was moaning that all we did was boot long to him. No pleasing some people, I sometimes wonder what these fans want.

Poor performance all the way round, therefore it hard to critises anybody in particular. 2 great chances missed by Dyer & Fryatt which on another day they might have put away. Found the booing on Tuesday and today very unjustified. Agree with PB that this is not a positive especially at home.

On Tuesday a fan not far away from me was shouting abuse when we were passing the ball about and wanted them to boot it up to Howard, today he was moaning that all we did was boot long to him. No pleasing some people, I sometimes wonder what these fans want.

That's exactly the sort of monkey who will never be happy with anything, the sort of person who screams abuse when the players are doing the right thing. It wasn't a great performance yesterday but the booing is unnecessary.

Hugely disappointed with yesterdays performance. This was my 3rd game this season (MK Dons, Millwall) and I found the atmosphere strangely flat in the first half, better in the second.
As for the team, what can I say!! Hobbs isn't a right back. Oakley and King don't look like a CM pairing and seem to be in no mans land when they should be at the heart of things. They don't seem to protecting the back 4 and don't get the ball out wide quickly enough. One of them needs to start getting stuck in to the opposition and they need to up the tempo at which the team plays. Fryatt, Howard also doesn't look like a partnership. Fryatt to his credit looks fitter and works harder than he did last season but he converts too few of his chances. I'd love to know how Howard scored 19 goals for Derby in the fizzy 2 seasons ago because at this level he doesn't look a threat at all and is bullied by defenders who stand up to him.

Dyer looks to have improved and yesterday was our most potent attacking threat but both him and Gradel need the ball early. Gradel still needs to learn that he can play the ball in early. Berner looked decent when he came on.

Despite the performance I couldn't understand the booing. I've seen worse performances over the past 2 seasons and the team is working harder than they did last season and we didn't lose. The hard work just needs to be channeled more effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669