Northampton 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Useless twat might be abit harsh but he hasn't been great lately, he looks like suck a ****ing fairy when he has to make a tackle. Morisson is much better.

exactly...... Hobbs is a useless twat. He is not our player and seems to not give a fcuk, so send the bugger back.

We're averaging more than 2 points a game. That's promotion form, if sustained. As a result, the big picture is that we're doing fine.

However, we have easily the biggest squad and wage bill in this division. On Saturday we came up against a team that are probably on a budget a tenth the size of ours.

It boils down to whether you think that we should be pishing over anything in this division because of who we are, or whether that's all irrelevant and we're just 11 v 11 in the same league?

Nearly all of our players were playing at a higher level than Div 3 last year. Does that make them superior to Div 3 players or are they simply overrated goons who have found their rightful level with a ridiculously large wage packet for the job they do?

Therein lies the booing dichotomy. If we as supporters have the right to get our money's worth, we are well within our right to boo the feckers. If budget, wages etc are irrelevant to you, booing would seem inappropriate.

Personally, I love a good boo. I'm born and bred Leicester and it's what I was brought up to do. No manager yet has evaded my well targeted whining and I'm proud of it.

Dyer and Fryatt should have scored, we were poor but should still have won. Credit to the away side they sussed us out and put 9-10 players behind the ball, they rode their luck but were organised and up for it. This is going to happen again and again at the Walkers, we have to take the few clear chances that come our way to change the game.

Hugely disappointing and frutrstrating, there were some really poor performances but we could have fecked their game plan by taking the two gilt edged chances we had.

Dyer and Fryatt should have scored, we were poor but should still have won. Credit to the away side they sussed us out and put 9-10 players behind the ball, they rode their luck but were organised and up for it. This is going to happen again and again at the Walkers, we have to take the few clear chances that come our way to change the game.

Hugely disappointing and frutrstrating, there were some really poor performances but we could have fecked their game plan by taking the two gilt edged chances we had.

Quite. It could and should have been 2-0. BTW, on that showing. Mattock shoud be nowhere near the first team. Berner looked pretty good and he has a right peg that's not just for standing on.

Last edited:

I travelled across from Stockholm for the game and agree with Chuck T's summary.It was a long trip to witness a vacous display in a miserable atmosphere.

We were lacking bite in midfield, as ever, and certainly need to have a variation to our game plan, my worry is that we will be sussed on more than this occasion this season if not.

Fryatt could and should have done better,how many goals does a striker need at this stage of the season to feel confident?

On a positive note Tunchev is a class act and with Kisnorsbo back we will have a formidable pairing once their understanding is (hopefully)cemented. I was speaking to an Ipswich fan last week who reckons Macauley has been shite this season, he also seems to have missed Kisnorsbo's prescence.

The thing that struck me most was the lack of tackling across the whole team, I only noticed one or two times when we won the ball back through a tackle, the rest of the time we got it back through miss-passes or shots. I did wonder if certain areas of the team are worried about injury due to lack of cover, and so were pulling out of tackles. It certainly wasn't just the midfield though, the defenders let them run at us and the strikers, as much as they chased the ball down, didn't go in for a tackle. It was strange.

IWe need a striker with a bit of pace who isn't DJ Campbell, and a midfielder who will actually do something in midfield.

Also I really really hate Steve Howard, he was ****ing abysmal again.

I absolutely agree Mouse, I actually fell asleep during the second half, Howard seemed to really try on Tuesday Night but against Northampton he went back to his 'I can't be bothered ways yet again'

I do think though that we'll pull it back tomorrow night, I'm more than confident that we'll do well this season

Going on to the crowd problem i have a suggestion but its harsh.

When we were going well in the prem under O'Neill, opposing fans used to hate coming to filbo as it was an intimidating atmosphere and the ground was full. I have not seen this atmosphere at any point since we have been at the walkers. Maybe it is time for the club to evaluate the make up of the ground.

IMO Milan also needs to start looking at the pricing of the tickets. I know it is extremely harsh on the season ticket holders this year but it needs a full ground and the only way to do this is to drop the ticket prices. I aint no maths whizz but surely a full stadium where tickets are priced around £15 especially in these credit crunch times is better than 18k paying upto 26 quid for a ticket. I sympathsize with the season ticket holders who have payed full price but i know if i was a opposing team, i wouldn't fancy coming to a capacity walkers stadium that has a larger majority singin their hearts out. I honestly thought we were outsung on tuesday night by a thousand or so walsall fans. i'm not a season ticket holder but do come to 90% of the games at home . i'm sure if the prices were dropped i'd pretty much come to 100% of the games. i just cannot afford to go to every match in this day and age and it is actually normally cheaper to go to away matches which also has a lot better atmosphere

I think its time to drop the prices and fill the stadium and also look at the makeup of the ground and perhaps move the away fans. :102:

Going on to the crowd problem i have a suggestion but its harsh.

When we were going well in the prem under O'Neill, opposing fans used to hate coming to filbo as it was an intimidating atmosphere and the ground was full. I have not seen this atmosphere at any point since we have been at the walkers. Maybe it is time for the club to evaluate the make up of the ground.

IMO Milan also needs to start looking at the pricing of the tickets. I know it is extremely harsh on the season ticket holders this year but it needs a full ground and the only way to do this is to drop the ticket prices. I aint no maths whizz but surely a full stadium where tickets are priced around £15 especially in these credit crunch times is better than 18k paying upto 26 quid for a ticket. I sympathsize with the season ticket holders who have payed full price but i know if i was a opposing team, i wouldn't fancy coming to a capacity walkers stadium that has a larger majority singin their hearts out. I honestly thought we were outsung on tuesday night by a thousand or so walsall fans. i'm not a season ticket holder but do come to 90% of the games at home . i'm sure if the prices were dropped i'd pretty much come to 100% of the games. i just cannot afford to go to every match in this day and age and it is actually normally cheaper to go to away matches which also has a lot better atmosphere

I think its time to drop the prices and fill the stadium and also look at the makeup of the ground and perhaps move the away fans. :102:
If they do that, then they will piss off a huge percentage of the crowd. This isn't conducive to a good atmosphere.

Neither of those will happen

The reason people hated coming to see us when O'Neill was in charge was that we had a good team that fought for everything. It was nothing to do with the atmosphere at Filbo, which gets more and more overated with every year that passes

We are going to get a lot of teams coming to the Walkers and putting ten men behind ther ball.We are looked on as a bg team in this League and most teams will come loooking fr the draw

It was nothing to do with the atmosphere at Filbo, which gets more and more overated with every year that passes

The atmosphere at Filbert Strret was actually pretty shit, but some people seem to suffer from memory loss.

Last edited:
So another draw, the game 4 points of top of the league, its not bad but we need to improve our form, we have to win our game in hand, its very important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669