Post Match Norwich 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like everyone has a blind spot for him. He's been easily worse than Tielemans for weeks now and yet Tielemans gets all the criticism. His set pieces are dreadful. He disappears from games more effectively than anyone I've seen.
He's a talented player. But his goals and assist have completely stopped. He's playing too deep IMO. He's completely off form and need dropping.

I hope Rodgers launches a tea cup that bounces off of Perez, catches Chilwell on the eye, diverts to hit Madderson in the kisser and hits Barnes square in the bollocks!!! The magic tea cup theory!!!
or if Rodgers shoots like Barnes - he'll accidently smack Evans on the back of his head and take out Kasper's teeth on the rebound.

What, so that was the instruction was it? Come on. He was just shit. Played the wrong side of every single play, looked clueless.

Ask BR what the instruction was because I haven't a clue. Much like Hamza. He wasn't playing his natural game, for whatever reason, and was "shit" as a result. I'm not saying otherwise.

I've had it with Chilwell. He's a ****ing joke of a defender and has been for years. Cash in on this reputation he's fooled some idiots into believing.

That's not the issue though, for me. The biggest worry is how poor Ricardo has been for some time now.

It's the system. Both our full backs have to defend, hold the width in midfield, put crosses in and get in at the back post. It's unsustainable. Both of them are knackered because they've been made to do far too much.

The responsibility is Rodgers not giving either player anyone in front of them that can support them. Perez and Barnes? Sorry, they are weak minded wastes of shirts. They don't track back enough, they don't hold any kind of width. They get the ball and then lose the ball. That's it.

I feel for Ricardo and Chilwell. In a better system, they're excellent. As it is, they're being set up to fail.

Our problem is our wide players - they are only good for a counter attack, cannot beat a man one on one and offer literally no defensive cover whatsoever.

They’d suit a 4-3-3, but not this system

Pick a system to fit the players, not the other way round

or if Rodgers shoots like Barnes - he'll accidently smack Evans on the back of his head and take out Kasper's teeth on the rebound.
Oh I forgot Kasper... He needs a kick in the grow bags too. He's too busy chatting up the ref all game... He needs to get into his players. We lack real leadership in the squad... To many mates and not enough bollockings...

Come on, no one can really be surprised with tonight’s result, surely? I, for one, wasn’t. Leicester have made me a shit load of money these last few weeks.
We’ve been extremely passive and poor for months.
I think our major problem is that we don’t have enough shit houses in our team. Sheer dirty determination to win. Fight. We have lots of talented lightweights who are excellent when all is right and dandy.. when guts are needed we just get bullied.

Oh I forgot Kasper... He needs a kick in the grow bags too. He's too busy chatting up the ref all game... He needs to get into his players. We lack real leadership in the squad... To many mates and not enough bollockings...
Had it not been for three excellent saves tonight we'd have been really put to the sword. He's the least of our worries.

I've had it with Chilwell. He's a ****ing joke of a defender and has been for years. Cash in on this reputation he's fooled some idiots into believing.

That's not the issue though, for me. The biggest worry is how poor Ricardo has been for some time now. He's a phenomenal footballer and a real threat but he's been off the boil for a while and I can't really put my finger on why. Without him we are really toothless. We have to play Fuchs if we want to get anything out of Chilwell and we have to try and find a way to get Ricardo firing on all cylinders again.

We must go back to attacking at pace (not just on the counter) and being ruthless. We are scared of failure and it shows. We are so easy to stop because we are entirely predictable. For all the wastefulness of Barnes sometimes, I can't be too mad at him because at least he's trying to create something and make things happen. We can't say that about many others of them for the past few games.

We need a manager to be ruthless and tell them what to do now not give them options. He has to be ruthless and critical instead of defending them at every turn. Praise those that are putting in a shift and make the others crave that praise.

The CL is ours to lose. We have a good run of games and there are no excuses.
Sorry but Chillwell and Ricardo are playing with two chocolate fire guards in front of them both were over run tonight. At any level it is criminal not to track the opposite left or right back when they are attacking and that is what Perez and Barnes have done all season.

It is great when the play breaks down and we have a 3 or 4 against 2 but far too often Barnes and Perez make the wrong decision or lack the quality to put someone in. It has taken most teams half a season to work this out, Rogers knows this hence the reason why we changed the system against Man City, he left Perez and Barnes on the bench if I recall correctly?

We have been worked out we have two luxury players who are not prepared to roll their socks up and do the hard yards, we have to stop both Ricardo and Chillwell from being over run in every game, the solution is Justin starts at RB with Ricardo ahead of him and Chillwell starts with Albrighton ahead of him.

We are creative in midfield and both Ricardo and Albrighton will provide width and allow space for Maddison and Praet who I really do think was our best player tonight. I realise Barnes is a local lad and I am calling him out for stick but he is simply not at the required level and I do not think he has the desire to reach the top.

They’d suit a 4-3-3, but not this system

Pick a system to fit the players, not the other way round

They'd suit a Championship team.

Possibly harsh on Perez has he has never been a wide player before he played for us and it was obvious after about 5 games he's not a wide player.

I can’t be arsed to read everyone else’s views. It was poor and at least for most of you here, you aren’t staying over and now having a night out in Norwich :icon rolleyes:

Love the excuse that Chilwell was poor because of Barnes. Utter bollocks. So many times Chilwell over played because he thinks he’s Ashley Cole and turned inside and outside and then forgot that actually he’s a bit shit and needs to work quite hard. Pathetic.

Chilwell does give me the jitters when he's given the ball when we're playing out of defence, particularly when he doesn't have much space. He seems to lack the skill and/or confidence in himself to beat a player. He's not so bad at pace going forward but he's no wizard with the ball at his feet.

Generally speaking, I reckon we're too often playing ourselves into difficult situations by trying to play out. Playing short passes to players in not much space, it's asking for trouble, time and again. It's no wonder teams successfully press us. We're our own worst enemies. I reckon BR really has to take a long hard look at that tactic because I don't reckon we have the players capable of doing it successfully, and/or lack the shape to do it effectively. I don't what the problem is exactly but I see us creating problems for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566