Norwich 4 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the players apart from Hobbs have been allowed out of the dressing room according to Stringer.

I'm given to understand that even Hobbs was not allowed out but went anyway.

...this situation is like 10-12 years ago when Peter Taylor was in charge

We were riding high in the Premiership (6th or 7th) then lost at home to Wycombe in the FA Cup quarter finals. That was a crushing defeat, completely unexpected as we had our golden midfield of Lennon, Izzet, Savage & Guppy. Taylor was unable to slow the LCFC airliner as it spiralled in flames to the ground - we went 20 games without a win and plummeted to the foot of the table - all morale & team spirit gone.

Jeff has already said that Lennon had left before the time of the Wycombe game. The most that Leicester have gone without a win is 18 games and that was about 25 years before the period you are talking about. Taylor didn't even by then have 20 games left in his City career and we won at least 3 of them. We finished the season in 14th.

Apart from that you're pretty close.

Just got home (Norfolk) from game. Fryatt unlucky to be sent off. Their player (Barnett) ran into the net and tried to wrestle ball from Fryatt. Ref was awful. The centre of defence was not the problem tonight. The outside full backs were out of position a lot and didn't close down. Our midfield apart from Wellens and Abe also slow to close down. Norwich were very fast on the counter-attack and exploited the oceans of space in our right and left back areas. Wellens and Dyer played well but were inexplicably taken off. Fryatt and Waghorn also good. Barnett dominated Howard in air.
Going forward we were good in the second half after Fryatt came on. It was a spirited performance, but Sousa's system is leaving far too many gaps in defence, as evidenced by 22 goals conceded in 9 games.

Sousa's system is leaving far too many gaps in defence, as evidenced by 22 goals conceded in 9 games.

Exactly right, that coupled with his inability to play a settled line-up at the back is costing us dear, his reluctance (ignorance) to change the set-up is baffling.

It's almost like he is enjoying the spectacular nature of the games as a neutral and has no plans to change it.

Last edited:
Ouch....... losing by the odd goal in a seven goal thriller always hurts, but not as much as when you look at the current CCC table and see our beloved LCFC propping up the table

Although my support of the patient & supportive approach is undiminished, this situation is like 10-12 years ago when Peter Taylor was in charge

We were riding high in the Premiership (6th or 7th) then lost at home to Wycombe in the FA Cup quarter finals. That was a crushing defeat, completely unexpected as we had our golden midfield of Lennon, Izzet, Savage & Guppy. Taylor was unable to slow the LCFC airliner as it spiralled in flames to the ground - we went 20 games without a win and plummeted to the foot of the table - all morale & team spirit gone.

Taylor had to go, and at least the players didn't have to hear the same post-match excuses, lame tactics and un-inspiring team-talks, and things started looking up under a new manager.

He seems like a nice bloke, cultured, well dressed & trying to play attractive attacking football, but that unfortunately was not enough.

New broom sweeps clean - get Sousa out NOW while we still have a season to salvage.

So after losing 6-1 to Portsmouth you compare our manager's reign to that of Martin O'Neill and you tell us that it's darkest before the dawn, yet in the space of 90 minutes you compare his reign to that of Peter Taylor.

Good job you're not fickle.

Last edited:
HTB summed it up about right. Generally a good performance I thought; as we made the 75-minute walk back to the car several Norwich fans said they couldn't believe we were bottom. I pointed out that performances like tonight's have been few and far between.

Before anyone tries to tell you otherwise, Fryatt deserved his red. Absolutely stupid thing to do.

Just got back.

Very entertaining game. Waghorn played well, Ilkeme made a few decent saves but has shocking positioning, overall average performance. Good atmosphere and away following for a Tuesday night. Sousa Out!

Last edited:
Before anyone tries to tell you otherw*s*, Fryatt deserved his red. Absolutely stupid thing to do.

I didn't have a good view of what Fryatt did, but I saw Barnett provoke the whole incident by running back into the goal and trying to wrestle the ball away from Fryatt. Why is that not a punishable offence?

He didn't win anything at Cov clearly, but with limited resources they were OK. He'd be far far better than Sousa. He wouldn't be my first choice though.

I know plenty of Coventry fans and most of them regard him as one of the worst managers in their history. Completely clueless and negative and did actually spend a decent amount, he's shit.

Oh and just a side thought - if we continue defending at this rate, we'll concede 112 goals this season.

Last edited:
Jeff has already said that Lennon had left before the time of the Wycombe game. The most that Leicester have gone without a win is 18 games and that was about 25 years before the period you are talking about. Taylor didn't even by then have 20 games left in his City career and we won at least 3 of them. We finished the season in 14th.

Apart from that you're pretty close.

We finished 13th.

Never in the field of football management, has so much damage been done to so many, in such a short period of time, by so few.

If it wasn't Leicester, it was be very very funny. But it is like a bad dream. The longer it goes on, the less appealing the job would be to any potentional candidate.

Never in the field of football management, has so much damage been done to so many, in such a short period of time, by so few.

If it wasn't Leicester, it was be very very funny. But it is like a bad dream. The longer it goes on, the less appealing the job would be to any potentional candidate.

I completely disagree, anyone looking in on our current showing can clearly see the problem is Sousa. There is a team of players itching to do some good, but for someone who isn't an arrogant twat.

Just got in from the game.... here's my reflection on tonight's game

It's always better to pay more attention to the views of someone who was actually there. And I include Stringer in that :icon_lol:

Also, to the away fans, Norwich really don't give a shit if you hate Nottingham.

This pisses me off at home games too.

I completely disagree, anyone looking in on our current showing can clearly see the problem is Sousa. There is a team of players itching to do some good, but for someone who isn't an arrogant twat.

Add to that any manager coming in will be glad to know keeping clean sheets (even a succession of nil nil bore draws) would be a success

It's always better to pay more attention to the views of someone who was actually there. And I include Stringer in that :icon_lol:

This pisses me off at home games too.

and the "loyal supporters" chant. I always thought the fans were there to cheer on the team, not their ****ing mates sat at the side of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00