NOT Change the table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Change the table...

Another thing that annoys me is people getting bought/brought wrong.

my mate's bird does that

what you been up to?

went Fosse Park, brought loads of stuff

huh?

i think it's a Leicester thing

and saying "literally" seems to be a London thing

I agree. Also how many kids read for fun anymore? If you look at the book club forum on here, I don't think any of the school age kids have contributed.

Agreed, but for kids there are so much more fun things to do out there than reading. Take the internet for example most kids would much rather be on the internet on games rather than having there head stuck in a book doing something they don't enjoy.

Agreed, but for kids there are so much more fun things to do out there than reading. Take the internet for example most kids would much rather be on the internet on games rather than having there head stuck in a book doing something they don't enjoy.

their!!

Why don't they enjoy reading? As a child, and still as an adult, I'd far rather get lost in a good book than sit in front of the tv. Granted my choice of computer games was limited to pacman and ping pong :icon_lol:

Good luck for science tomorrow, if that's what you're doing.

I always thought the bought / brought mistake was a Hinckley thing, I hadn't realised it stretched to Leicester.

I always thought the bought / brought mistake was a Hinckley thing, I hadn't realised it stretched to Leicester.

Sadly Siouxsie, it stretches far wider than just Leicester(shire).

The ones that wind me up though are the incorrect use of the apostrophe and 'of' instead of 'have', as in should of, would of, could of etc.

It's not that difficult.

I saw one of those ping pong TV games in a museum recently.

There was one in the Science Museum in London a couple of years ago when I went.

I might still have one in the loft as my "better" half never throws anything away. I'm sure I saw a Spectrum up there too.

First computer I ever had. Now I've got 400+ of the damn things to look after now!!

My dad had a ZX81 - with a cassette recorder to store your programmes. I was not allowed to use it.

My dad had a ZX81 - with a cassette recorder to store your programmes. I was not allowed to use it.

Most of them came in kit format as well and had to be assembled by the user.

Talking of Sinclair, some kids in the next street to me were driving (?) around in a C5 the other night!

Most of them came in kit format as well and had to be assembled by the user.

Nope, that was the ZX80. The ZX81 was ready to go out of the box, although it had only 1K of memory and needed the 16K RAM pack to run any half decent software.

Granted though it is easier to get into uni these days as they seem to take anyone. I however don't think A-levels are that much easier, my teachers even says they are not.
Well they're not going to tell you that half the course content that they had to learn has been cut out of your syllabus, are they? It's not really a good motivational tool.

Fun is subjective. Kids now don't have any patience, they want entertainment instantly and continuously.

I spoke to one of my cousins the other day and said I was enjoying the last Harry Potter to which he replied "Oh are you listening to it on CD or MP3?". He couldn't grasp that I would read it when there are audio books available. It's tragic.

Nope, that was the ZX80. The ZX81 was ready to go out of the box, although it had only 1K of memory and needed the 16K RAM pack to run any half decent software.

I stand corrected. My last place of work had a computing museum and we had a ZX80, a spectrum and the school's first computer a Commodore PET (which cost about twice as much as our modern PCs).

I stand corrected. My last place of work had a computing museum and we had a ZX80, a spectrum and the school's first computer a Commodore PET (which cost about twice as much as our modern PCs).
I went to a fairly posh school where we started off with two RML 380Zs at 3 grand a piece. People came from schools all around Cardiff just to get a glimpse of them. Then they splashed out on a dozen BBC micros. Bizzarely, they networked them all to just the one disk drive. Probably spent more on cables, sockets and trunking than it would have cost for another couple of drives.
I was the poor kid at the school who had a ZX81 where my mates had either Tandy micros or Dragons. Therapy helped.

i had a speccy, it was ace

10 print "i woz ere"
20 goto 10

pffffffft

That would only draw one set on the screen, if you put a semicolon at the end of the goto it would loop infinitely
n00b

Isn't that the 999,999th word?

That would only draw one set on the screen, if you put a semicolon at the end of the goto it would loop infinitely
n00b

the shame

:icon_redf

forgot it instantly...and now i program VBA and vb.net :icon_redf

ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49