Nothing much changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought for a laff I'd have a look at the results 100 years ago ( i was doing some historical research about the 1929 crash for something I'm writing)

Hope your writing is more accurate than your dating :icon_bigg

Also interested in how doing research about the crash was a reason to look for old league tables, did Galbraith write a book called "The Great Crash And 1911/1912 In English Football"? :)

Last edited:
Also interested in how doing research about the crash was a reason to look for old league tables, did Galbraith write a book called "The Great Crash And 1911/1912 In English Football"? :)

I have a first edition

And I beat myself to say that

Hope your writing is more accurate than your dating :icon_bigg

Whilst I was reading about the events of 24-28th october 1929 I stumbled on the football results for that weekend - (we beat Everton 4-1) -so I sort of got sidetracked (as I often do whilst researching) and I wondered what life was like in 1912 for City (Fosse) fans

Actually found the whole period quite fascinating - not just from a football perspective. Did you know for instance that on 31 May 1929 - The General election returned ahung parliament.The Liberals determined who had power. As I said, nothing much changes!

Last edited:
on 31 May 1929 - The General election returned ahung parliament.The Liberals determined who had power. As I said, nothing much changes!

I strongly agree with parliament being hanged, preferably from lampposts.

btw Pete, wikipedia isn't the most reliable place to be conducting research

Did you know for instance that on 31 May 1929 - The General election returned ahung parliament.The Liberals determined who had power. As I said, nothing much changes!

I'm sure the way Boc voted would have helped influence that result.

How did goal average work? Was it an average of goals conceded or scored or what?

I still think of the expression 'goal average' as the terminology. I think that tells me something! although I do realise that its 'goal difference'. 'Goal average' was seen to favour a defensive mentality - 'goal difference' seen as more positive, Anyway since the state education system collapsed hardly anyone today would be capable of working out 'goal average' even with a calculator.

I still think of the expression 'goal average' as the terminology. I think that tells me something! although I do realise that its 'goal difference'. 'Goal average' was seen to favour a defensive mentality - 'goal difference' seen as more positive, Anyway since the state education system collapsed hardly anyone today would be capable of working out 'goal average' even with a calculator.

The end part is baseless shit.

It was goals scored/goals conceded, just in case anyone is still unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669