Pre Match Nottingham Forest v Leicester FAC R4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nailed on defeat and a ruined weekend.

Grumble.

We'll go 2 up and then Brendan will remember they won the league before, shit his pants, bring on 2 defensive players and get all 11 to lie in a pile on the goal line. 50% of our fan base point out it was much worse under Holloway and Brendan gets a nosh and another few months.

We'll go 2 up and then Brendan will remember they won the league before, shit his pants, bring on 2 defensive players and get all 11 to lie in a pile on the goal line. 50% of our fan base point out it was much worse under Holloway and Brendan gets a nosh and another few months.
Then James Justin trips and gets his legs run over by a tram and Madderz gets his bumbag stolen by one of Nottingham’s many professional criminals.

The formation, intent, style of play, and personnel that we finknsh the game with will be unrecognizable from those that we started with.

I've just realised something terrible.

During my Forest rant I said that going to the 5-0 battering in 1980 was my first away game.

It wasn't. It was my first away LEAGUE game.

Me & my mate Steve went to Harlow for the cup replay earlier in the year.

****ing hell.

Have I blanked it from my mind due to the horrific experience? Or is this the way it starts? Will I be forgetting the names of friends & family this time next year? Bloody hell !

During my Forest rant I said that going to the 5-0 battering in 1980 was my first away game.

****ing hell.

Have I blanked it from my mind due to the horrific experience? Or is this the way it starts? Will I be forgetting the names of friends & family this time next year? Bloody hell !
All trust and credibility now eroded to dust. Fitting for our times.

****ing hell.

There's some members of my family I'd love to forget

****ing hell.

Mathematically the eighth most improbable Third Round result ever. We’re in the top ten twice it seems: https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/19832854.probability-harlow-towns-defeat-leicester-fa-cup/

Mathematically the eighth most improbable Third Round result ever. We’re in the top ten twice it seems: https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/19832854.probability-harlow-towns-defeat-leicester-fa-cup/
Christ

Thats brought it all flooding back. After that & the 5-0 at Forest being my first 2 away trips its a miracle I ever bothered again.

I've still got the programme from the Harlow game. It used to be framed next to the bog. Best place for it. Didn't get round to putting it back when i moved house a few years back but I'm moving again next week so maybe I'll put it back?

What a horrific day. We got there early after hitching from early morning. **** all to do in Harlow so we strolled up to the ground to have a look. Depressing. One of those community centre type affairs with a dodgy stand & lots of open space.

It made Withdean look like the San Siro

It had been raining & it was ****ing cold. Because of the open nature of the place we could see that they were out on the pitch ****ING WATERING ! Soaking the place with multiple hoses.

"The bastards" we said.

Sure enough by kick off it was a ****ing quagmire. Any notion of playing football could be safely forgotten.
Of course it worked a treat.

Still hurts.

It made Withdean look like the San Siro

Got thrown out of a pub in Harlow once when I was about seventeen, I'd gone to watch Boreham Wood play them, I went a couple of times. The place was like Wembley compared to what Boreham Wood's ground was like at the time (mid-70's).

Got thrown out of a pub in Harlow once when I was about seventeen, I'd gone to watch Boreham Wood play them, I went a couple of times. The place was like Wembley compared to what Boreham Wood's ground was like at the time (mid-70's).
I imagine that was down to the "new town" thing ?

Facilities in them looked good for a while when they were new but deteriorated rapidly. Was Boreham Wood's ground an older one?

I think they started playing there sometime in the early '60's. At the time it had one very small main stand with some open terracing down one side and behind one goal with the other end just being a small area of flat gravel. All very rudimentary

I remember helping out when I was around fifteen when they asked for volunteers to build the terracing. A couple of years later they put a cover along the side opposite the stand.

After seeing highlights of various games over the past few years the ground looks totally different to what it was then, as you would expect. They have even changed the name.

I was thinking this was this weekend!

What am I missing, why are no Prem teams playing this weekend? Clearly I've not been paying enough attention recently!

I was thinking this was this weekend!

What am I missing, why are no Prem teams playing this weekend? Clearly I've not been paying enough attention recently!
I did exactly the same thing, even told the Mrs I was watching the football on Sunday.
It's the winter break this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570