Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they still catch us? Rich might be able to update us?

Nope, the tables do not lie and you will quite rightfully be crowned champions after a season extraordinaire in which everything has fallen right for you.

Feel free to gloat away but be assured I will still be here next year to give it back should you flounder in the Prem, unless of course "you" have a collective sense of humour failure a la the Watford game.....

Nope, the tables do not lie and you will quite rightfully be crowned champions after a season extraordinaire in which everything has fallen right for you.

Feel free to gloat away but be assured I will still be here next year to give it back should you flounder in the Prem, unless of course "you" have a collective sense of humour failure a la the Watford game.....

Yeah we're just really lucky to be where we are :icon_roll

Have Forest got any injuries by chance?

Nope, fairly sure it's Burnley these days. In his post match interview, Sean Dyche was doing his best Billy Davies impression. Vokes, Ings & Trippier out, Marney suspended, tearing his side compiled on a 'lack of resources' apart. Let's not mention the Sky commentators either.

Yeah we're just really lucky to be where we are :icon_roll

Just knew that someone would react like that. Wasnt remotely suggesting you are a lucky team per se, just commenting that this season everything has fallen right for you ( every team no matter how good they are need to have luck on their side, didn't Napoleon once say something like "Give me lucky generals not good ones"?), for example everyone plays Burnley with their two strikers in white hot form, you go there and both are missing.

No matter how good you are if Lady Luck ain't on your side you're firtled !

If you finish top then you deserve it, simple as.

Just knew that someone would react like that. Wasnt remotely suggesting you are a lucky team per se, just commenting that this season everything has fallen right for you ( every team no matter how good they are need to have luck on their side, didn't Napoleon once say something like "Give me lucky generals not good ones"?), for example everyone plays Burnley with their two strikers in white hot form, you go there and both are missing.

He also spent fair portion of his life in exile, maybe he would have been better getting good Generals :icon_wink

Completely agree.

If we flounder in the Premier then it will be no surprise. You might as well start now as there is a good chance we will get a pasting on numerous occasions. I think even the most optimistic Leicester fan realises that.

A serious question though Rich (and I genuinely mean that), do you have any Leicester supporting mates or colleagues and also do you consider us to be a rival?

Please be true, please be true, please be true . . .

Following the crushing disappointment of Billy Ds departure, the prospect of an even worse appointment is terrific.

Rich, us Foxes really are lucky.
He may do a good job but my gut instinct (which is often wrong!) predicts that he would be a flop. Could be a big mistake and tarnish what is legendary status for him.

Can they still go down this year or will it have to be next if Pearce takes charge?

Stuart Pearce

I thought the mardy arse Davies nonsense was funny, but this really is becoming a season of pure comedy gold

Stuart Pearce

I thought the mardy arse Davies nonsense was funny, but this really is becoming a season of pure comedy gold

its like memories of our darker days...sacking shit managers and finding that only shit managers are available.

So who's been linked?

Pearce - No experience in club management

Holloway - Shit at bigger clubs, won't handle the expectation for success at Forest

Zola - Did okay with Watford and came close, but had good backing - doubt he will have that at Forest and I wouldn't be convinced about him anyway. Too much of a nice guy.

Mackay - Probably the standout candidate, let's hope they go with Stuart Pearce and someone else gets him.

Regarding ourselves: What's the phrase 'You make your own luck'? e.g. we've had lots of penalties awarded this year because we are positive going into the box and draw the fouls from naïve defenders and such like. We've been a bit luckier with injuries this season but maybe that is down to better fitness levels under Pearson than anything else. We know he loves his sports science, maybe we teach our players how to fall properly and not take any silly undue risks? I don't know... I don't care. It's been 10 feckin' years!

Last edited:
Pearce was at Man City for a while but hardly set the world alight so it can be excused forgetting about that!

Mackay is the one they need but I suspect he's had enough of nut-job owners for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670