November Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken Leek for Wales in 1960. England won 5-1. Maybe. I've looked back at England results and I couldn't see one more recently than that.
David Kelly......almost

Ken Leek, can somebody please tell me the full story?

I have been screaming for Southgate's dismissal since the quarter-final of the world cup. We have a failed Championship manager in charge of the England team. I have to confess that I do not know who should replace him, but there must be better options out there ffs.

Kasper's substitution could be precautionary; a blow to the head is taken seriously (and rightly so)

He'll be right as rain in a day or two, you mark my words ;)

Ken Leek, can somebody please tell me the full story?

I have been screaming for Southgate's dismissal since the quarter-final of the world cup. We have a failed Championship manager in charge of the England team. I have to confess that I do not know who should replace him, but there must be better options out there ffs.
someone like Eddie Howe would be a much better choice. I think international management would suit him better than club level

someone like Eddie Howe would be a much better choice. I think international management would suit him better than club level
I would not argue with that because I am a great Howe fan and what he did with Bournemouth. Maybe not his time yet but I am sure that it will come.

England has a generation of talented players that the FA need to save from being wasted, Southgate needs sacking, preferably before he's even on the plane home

I couldn't be arsed to watch. Did he go for the old 7-2-1 formation?

yep, then brought Sancho on at wing back and Calvert-Lewin on the right wing, at no point did we have any pace in atack

That's amazing. Half the squad these days are right backs and we end up playing someone that isn't....

I apologise to anyone who wasn't born in the first half of the last century, but I remember Ken Leek's goal against Spurs in '61 like it was in slow motion. He held the ball in their penalty area for an eternity and then put it past Pat Jennings ( I think ) in the style of Frank Worthington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363